Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Seriously, the complete lack of half doors was imo a good opportunity to corner the market. I dont understand why there hasnt been an interest in making the core doors for the JL until now, AFTER mopar has made i official that hey are making half doors. I'd prefer the core doors, but honestly, I've gone from a guaranteed client to a probable client and price is now a factor since there are mopar options.

GinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2018 Mojito! JLUR [GONE];
Seriously, the complete lack of half doors was imo a good opportunity to corner the market. I dont understand why there hasnt been an interest in making the core doors for the JL until now, AFTER mopar has made i official that hey are making half doors. I'd prefer the core doors, but honestly, I've gone from a guaranteed client to a probable client and price is now a factor since there are mopar options.
I am willing to bet it was because of the lack of uppers. Now that it will be an OEM option the uppers will be available.

In response to Lee's question (good timing I was about to bump the older thread) - Yes, I want core doors and will happily sell my trail doors for them.

Cheers

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Survey complete.

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
A simple search on the forum would show there is a market for them. I filled out the survey.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'd pay $1600 for a set of 4. I couldn't swing anything more than that. And I know it doesn't include uppers. I could swing $2,000 with uppers. More than that just makes them too much.

Thanks for listening!

Sponsored

McKenzie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR; 2016 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Education
Hey guys,
Please help us make Core Doors for JL a reality by letting us know that there is an interest by completing this quick survey!
https://survey.typeform.com/to/f0ee176q

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I think it’s worth adding that I intend to buy. Half doors (NOT trail/tube doors) for next summer. I really like the JCR doors, although now that Mopar has released the factory half doors I appreciate the finished inside.

also, I have no interest in uppers. If I need windows, I’ll put the full doors back on (thankfully their much lighter than the jk doors!)

i0iin65

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 06 Honda VFR800
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking forward to these. I'll order as soon as they are available if the price matches the JK doors.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
just strange to me you would make a product for an older model and not the newest one.
I'm pretty sure they were already in development for the JK before the JL was out. Plus, from a business standpoint, the size of the market for the JK was huge while the JL's market was yet to be.

So yes, the JL was out, but not yet in large numbers, in May or June of 2019 when the Core doors for JK appeared, but they probably entered development more than a year prior to their release.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Who's going to sign up for higher prices? $800 might be an automatic buy!
The survey results will give Bestop the intel they require concerning the number of potential buyers who would prioritize price, and not quality, when shopping the Core doors. It's not by accident that $800/$1000/$2000 are the choices here.
Sponsored