Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Everything you said is a sad reality and far too common among all brands and associated dealer service departments. My local Jeep dealership is so bad I can't say what I think of them here. My last interaction with them goes like this: called to complain about a TSB that they used the wrong part. I had all of the information at hand and I verified all of it to back accurate. Speaking to a service writer about it. Says hold on, comes back and starts lying about what the TSB requires for the repair. I laughed and asked them to read it again to me word for word then. They wouldn't do it. Asked to talk to the manager. Was put on hold, never got to speak to a manager and even left a message to call me. 3 weeks have passed and still no call back. No resolution for an issue I've been aware of since October of 2020. So yes they suck, no they do not know how to fix vehicles, no they do not really care about their customers, yes they lie and don't care if you catch them doing it. There are seemingly no repercussions for their failures, lack of skills, lack of customer service.
sounds like the DNC

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Reminds me of these sage words of wisdom:

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”
-George W. Bush

Why on earth would you keep going back to the same dealer over and over and keep buying the same brands of cars that you had issue after issue with? Sounds like you just don't know when to walk away.

My dealer isn't the best but at least they took care of the clutch recall and the steering TSB without any pushback.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I'm new to FCA...bought an SRT Challenger and Wrangler at the end of last year because both me and my wife wanted to buy COOL vehicles we are excited about, instead of just more SMART vehicles that get good gas mileage and don't give us trouble. We know we're in for more frustration but so far we're ready to tackle that head-on.

But reading all these stories has me thinking that likely one day we'll be going back to being a GM family simply because of the awesome service dept we have right down the road. We live 5 minutes from a small Cadillac/GMC dealer that we have a great relationship with. Terrible sales dept mind you, it would be the absolute last dealer i'd recommend anyone BUY a car from...but their service dept is the best i've ever worked with. And if our experience with FCA dealers is anything like the endless reports i've read about here and on Hellcat.org we may very well make the decision to go back to GM just because of that dealer. Sucks that it has to be this way, 15 years ago i'd just say "F-it i'll just fix it myself"...but that's just not a viable option anymore. One could very quickly spend the MSRP of one of these vehicles just replacing malfunctioning modules and broken harnesses. Not to mention we don't have access to the firmware to flash said modules after install. Seems to me that someday in the not-too-distant future, some automaker is going to learn the hard way how absolutely vital the service department has become to the overall vehicle experience.
Sponsored