Let talk 2 door JL

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
There are a lot of posts showing the 4 door but much fewer with the two door. For those who got the 2 what made you go that way vs the 4?
Sponsored

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
There are a lot of posts showing the 4 door but much fewer with the two door. For those who got the 2 what made you go that way vs the 4?
Even though the wait was agonizingly long, the 2-door was the only choice for me. It's only my wife and I in this household and we have no need for the extra doors. We own other vehicles that would allow passengers easier egress should the need arise. And at the end of the day, I prefer the look/proportion of the 2-door versus the 4-door.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
2-door JK here ; 2-doors are sports cars ; 4-doors are nursing home vans .

2-doors have a fun girl in the passenger seat ; 4-doors have 8 huge dogs chasing each other inside .

2-doors have a overnight bag thrown in the back for a simple overnight trip to the beach ; 4-doors have boxes and barrels of "necessities" for a simple 2-hour trip to the mall .

And my favorite : 2-doors are much less expensive .

Last edited:

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
Cuz I’m not a soccer mom or a mall crawler, I don’t like doing K turns on the trail and real jeeps are swb! It’s such a joke what an afterthought the 2 door is now. There’s isn’t even lift out for it yet! Even on this forum they combined all the 2 door posts into only 1 thread.

CFF0F1D6-D768-421F-BDB7-0DFEAB163F50.jpeg

Last edited:

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Already have a minivan and a Yukon XL. So, don’t need a people/stuff hauler. I wanted something as fun (or more) than the 2013 Raptor that used to be my DD, and the 2 door Wrangler was it.

Can take it anywhere on or off-road, super easy to park, manual transmission (fun and I can teach my kids), convertible.

Oh, and the 4 door looks like a short bus. ;-)

522C1990-DEBD-4BA5-A009-C83F69662350.jpeg

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
This debate rages a bunch doesn't it?

20180622_190930.jpg

The sexy?

I chose the smaller more maneuverable of the two options and do not regret it. The 4 door's advantages are clear enough not to have to point them out to the haters. If you want the best of the two options, it will require some introspection and careful review of your own needs. Not someone else's. imho

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
2018 Rubicon JL.JPG

I have CJ7s and those are real Jeeps and have a classic look. The 2 door JL Rubicon brings that look back in my mind. The look of a two door with top and doors removed is classic to me. The four doors without top and doors look like a carnival ride to me. I have a JKU Sahara that I love the looks of but would never remove doors and top.

Last edited:

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
20180622_190930.jpg

If you want the best of the two options, it will require some introspection and careful review of your own needs. Not someone else's. imho
Agreed. I had a 2008 JKUR that I traded in for a 14 JK Sport. Now I'm trading in my 14 JK for a JLU Sport. I liked and enjoyed both. I went from a 2-door back to a 4-door because... Hmm, actually I don't know why LOL

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Cuz I’m not a soccer mom or a mall crawler, I don’t like doing K turns on the trail and real jeeps are swb! It’s such a joke what an afterthought the 2 door is now. There’s isn’t even lift out for it yet! Even on this forum they combined all the 2 door posts into only 1 thread.

CFF0F1D6-D768-421F-BDB7-0DFEAB163F50.jpeg
Although I have a JLU Sahara now, The vehicle I traded in for it was my 2-door 2017 JK Rubicon Recon. (Wife got pregnant right after I got the two door, wasn’t an ideal situation, had to go to the four, etc.)

Anyways, I was at a McDonalds drive thru with the 2 door and some teenager working the window said to me “Is that a Jeep? That’s cool! I’ve never seen a two door one before.” I just smiled, nodded my head, and moved on.

JEEPJEEP

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just got my 2door soft top and i saw on the 4 doors you can unhook the top from the track and drop it down... But i cant figure out how to do it on the 2door. Anyone know if its not available on the 2door....

Sponsored

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
This debate rages a bunch doesn't it?

20180622_190930.jpg

The sexy?

I chose the smaller more maneuverable of the two options and do not regret it. The 4 door's advantages are clear enough not to have to point them out to the haters. If you want the best of the two options, it will require some introspection and careful review of your own needs. Not someone else's. imho
I do like that orange. I’m debating orange or white 2 door, and then also debating the painted or black fenders.

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Agreed. I had a 2008 JKUR that I traded in for a 14 JK Sport. Now I'm trading in my 14 JK for a JLU Sport. I liked and enjoyed both. I went from a 2-door back to a 4-door because... Hmm, actually I don't know why LOL
Well, I went with Punk'n and black fenders!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
It's just me & The Chick on beach & mountain trips, so the chances I'll ever have more passengers are unlikely. I've had my JL for a week & one of the first things I did when I got home was remove the rear seat. I also like the look of it with 2 seats. The golf bag slides in easier, rather than laying it on top of the seat folded down. I have a 911 and an M3, & the rear seats have never been used for passengers. 2-door production was delayed, but well worth the wait.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
It started for me as a young man with my first CJ5

HXOgnsc.jpg

I appreciate what the 4 door offers, but I just can't make myself have anything but 2 doors and manual trans

2vJDou9.jpg

wKC1Awp.jpg

Luckily the wife agrees completely:

MgFUWVc.jpg
2 doors with a manual... I couldn't have said this any better. Nicely put.
Sponsored