First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
We added a JTopsUSA Sun Shade to our Premium soft top and were very happy with the result. You can leave it in place and close the top over it, no problem.

As hiimmike said, it's mighty nice in the hot Colorado sun.
Having three fair skinned redhead girls that was my first summer purchase.

Really leaning towards the master top ultimate summer combo. I think my biggest grip is having to haul the windows around. That would allow me to button still if needed and no windows.
Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
May through Halloween, this is how I DD: half doors and bikini. When out of town for wheeling/trips I add the soft windows all around. Obviously, they are easy to remove once to the destination. I have waterproofed the seats, eliminated the carpet, etc so rain is not an issue. Good luck deciding!
Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s talk summer tops 1641253538137

Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s talk summer tops 1641253482645

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I sent this thread to my friend since he's scoffing at the idea of spending $1350 on a dual top, yet every day during the summer, he's at the beach and trying to invite me to come down with him, so it's really a no brainer

Hopefully he actually reads this, $1350 rolled in is cheaper than me having to spend $1812 for my Bestop before install.

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well ordered the master top ultimate summer combo. It was $20 off at Quadratec. The wife told me to take advantage of it. She is supposed to be the frugal voice of reason, yet she just encourages Jeep spending. 😂😂

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Well ordered the master top ultimate summer combo. It was $20 off at Quadratec. The wife told me to take advantage of it. She is supposed to be the frugal voice of reason, yet she just encourages Jeep spending. 😂😂
For which you’re eternally grateful😊

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Summer tops?

This is my view out my window...
Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s talk summer tops 1642266477994

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Summer tops?

This is my view out my window...
Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s talk summer tops 1642266477994
Got to dream about all those nice days to get nekkid.

TBH after 3 years stationed at Ft Irwin, I try to all my work/upgrades in the winter. I would rather have 30 layers and numb fingers than not being able to see things as sweat burns my eyeballs.

SaltySoul

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
I usually run the summer combo but now that I have a 2-door 2018 (hard top) I'll new a new combo all together! I see there is a BIG gap around the doors on the new one and would probably still be the same if I put soft doors on, which is what I'd normally do when it rains.
Doesn't seem the combo is a good option anymore.
Anyone have any comments/suggestions?

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I usually run the summer combo but now that I have a 2-door 2018 (hard top) I'll new a new combo all together! I see there is a BIG gap around the doors on the new one and would probably still be the same if I put soft doors on, which is what I'd normally do when it rains.
Doesn't seem the combo is a good option anymore.
Anyone have any comments/suggestions?
There are two different summer combos. I went with the ultimate summer combo which tied into the door surrounds. The other one has you remove the soft top door surrounds. Since you have a hard top you would need to add those factory door surrounds from a soft top Jeep.

TheKeither

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Willy's Sport
There are two different summer combos. I went with the ultimate summer combo which tied into the door surrounds. The other one has you remove the soft top door surrounds. Since you have a hard top you would need to add those factory door surrounds from a soft top Jeep.
Which then adds $500 to the price of the bikini top combo.

I, too, have been in search of a simple CHEAP bikini top to let me slap on to keep me mostly dry in a pop up storm (I'm a hardtop owner as well). I was excited when I found the bestop cable one, because it goes down farther in the back than most bikini tops. Unfortunately, adding the door surrounds removes us from cheap territory.

:(

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJfanatic

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Jeebus. I didn’t realize how much those stupid surrounds are.

For that price I would just buy a frameless top.

SaltySoul

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see that available for the 2018 JL...

SaltySoul

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which then adds $500 to the price of the bikini top combo.

I, too, have been in search of a simple CHEAP bikini top to let me slap on to keep me mostly dry in a pop up storm (I'm a hardtop owner as well). I was excited when I found the bestop cable one, because it goes down farther in the back than most bikini tops. Unfortunately, adding the door surrounds removes us from cheap territory.

:(
Ya, feeling pretty disgusted right now!

SaltySoul

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeebus. I didn’t realize how much those stupid surrounds are.

For that price I would just buy a frameless top.
I've always used the summer combos and got the door surrounds to use with the soft doors for when it rains BUT with the new JL there's basically nothing available where the bikini attaches to the surrounds (which are $315) on top of the $600+ for the soft doors and whatever the combo would cost. At this point I'm fresh out of ideas. Anyone????
Sponsored