Sponsored

Let’s Talk Springs and Shocks for a minute

maxstrategery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
The Falcon 3.3's arent going to fit until you relocate the aux battery. The shock reservoir hits the aux battery which is behind the fender liner.

The springs carry weight and account for the extra 400 pounds of GVWR. Shocks just absorb the road vibrations and should be tuned for the spring rates.

I have seen many ecodiesel builds with non-diesel lift kits. They usually add a spacer kit as well to compensate for the extra spring compression.

I added the diesel specific AEV kit to my JLURD this weekend. Havent driven it much but i'm pretty stoked about it.
Quick question. Are you saying here that you are running the AEV lift with Falcon 3.3's? I am seriously looking at that combination for Gladiator Diesel. Can you comment on fitment, compatibility with that combination specifically ride quality if that is what you have? Thanks.

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question. Are you saying here that you are running the AEV lift with Falcon 3.3's? I am seriously looking at that combination for Gladiator Diesel. Can you comment on fitment, compatibility with that combination specifically ride quality if that is what you have? Thanks.
No I had to go with the AEV shocks at the time. Added their high capacity springs when they came out. Great for carrying weight like Overlanding but rough when unloaded.
Sponsored