Sponsored

Let’s Talk Rock Chips from the tires (tell me I’m not crazy)

OP
OP
[DELETED USER 82058]

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s Talk Rock Chips from the tires (tell me I’m not crazy) IMG_3112
Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s Talk Rock Chips from the tires (tell me I’m not crazy) IMG_3115

Driver front and passenger rear, front tire is slightly turned in. I thought the regular flaps would cover enough. They look proportionate.
Sponsored

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL Let’s Talk Rock Chips from the tires (tell me I’m not crazy) IMG_3115

Driver front and passenger rear, front tire is slightly turned in. I thought the regular flaps would cover enough. They look proportionate.
Ya the xl go out a bit farther

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Update: After less than a year and even with regular Rockblokz, the gravel finds a way just with on road driving. Embrace the suck.😂
This. I also have a front set of standard RokBlokz and even with driving (creeping slowly) through our gravel parking lot at work, once I hit the highway and get up to speed every day a hear a few pings from ones that got around the flaps. Most likely small stones that ricochet at high velocity off the road and bounce under them.

Can hear them hit the rock rails, doors, rear fenders and even the windows sometimes.

My stock PPF film looks peppered after only a year, but I have a fresh set from @Underground Graphics that I'll be replacing them with. Think the only cure is different tires or maybe extended steps/rails. The stock KO2s are known for picking up small rocks and having them get stuck. Drove 20 miles last week hearing dat-dat-dat-dat.. til I eventually pulled over and just picked the damn stone out by hand (would've pulled over sooner, but it would've been onto more gravel).

OP
OP
[DELETED USER 82058]

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
This. I also have a front set of standard RokBlokz and even with driving (creeping slowly) through our gravel parking lot at work, once I hit the highway and get up to speed every day a hear a few pings from ones that got around the flaps. Most likely small stones that ricochet at high velocity off the road and bounce under them.

Can hear them hit the rock rails, doors, rear fenders and even the windows sometimes.

My stock PPF film looks peppered after only a year, but I have a fresh set from @Underground Graphics that I'll be replacing them with. Think the only cure is different tires or maybe extended steps/rails. The stock KO2s are known for picking up small rocks and having them get stuck. Drove 20 miles last week hearing dat-dat-dat-dat.. til I eventually pulled over and just picked the damn stone out by hand (would've pulled over sooner, but it would've been onto more gravel).
I try to pick them out. Even the ppf, just like yours has chunks out of it. It’s either spend $2K plus on tires now or spend the same fixing shit from rocks later. Just boggles my mind that everyone loves those tires but they sling more rock than Tyrone Biggums (if you know who that is)😂

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I try to pick them out. Even the ppf, just like yours has chunks out of it. It’s either spend $2K plus on tires now or spend the same fixing shit from rocks later. Just boggles my mind that everyone loves those tires but they sling more rock than Tyrone Biggums (if you know who that is)😂
I'll occasionally pick out the stuck stones before getting in for a trip, but coming from work it's just a losing battle since I'd literally have to stop in the middle of the highway itself to avoid pulling into more gravel. I'm really hoping the new KO3s are much better in this regard.
Sponsored