Sponsored

Let’s see lifted granite crystal metallics!

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
here is a couple of pics after install JKS Konnect 2.5"kit with HD springs on my sport. running rubi take off 33" MTs first two pics are without the RTT and of course the third is fully loaded with camping gear for three days place recovery gear.
I'd really be interested to hear what you think about the JKS kit. They have been a mainstay in the off road industry since before I got involved but it seems like they have been rather quiet in the JL world.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I'd really be interested to hear what you think about the JKS kit. They have been a mainstay in the off road industry since before I got involved but it seems like they have been rather quiet in the JL world.
the install was rather easy with great instructions. Like everything else it was back ordered with a ship date of 14days when i placed the order. after that i emailed or called once a week for 6 more weeks before i finally got the tracking number. but every email and phone call was its going to be atlest 4 more days. i was pretty disappointed in the communication from them but as far as the kit i love it so far. It does have a lot of articulation in my opinion over stock suspension. I did order the Heavy duty springs its a bit stiff even with my steal bumpers i added and the tire carrier. once the roof top was back on it rides wonderfully. steering isnt as nice as it was before but im running only 4.8 degrees of caster. somthing i need to play with a little more as im a novice but from what i read on the forums for a 2.5" lift it should be closer to 0 degree at the pinion which would be about 6 degree caster at the "C" of the axle. i am hoping that will help with the minor play so to speak i have in the steering wheel. The thing that did lead me to their kit was the adjsutable track bar for the front came with the kit and the Original kit comes with the caster correcting LCA's i voted those out for a set of Adjustable LCA from them instead.. Over all the whole kit was a great price and the craftsmanship seems good thus far. all my axles are centered as should be and it drivers in a straight line still and no death wobble.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
My understanding is that they are owned by new people. They started off in Alliance, Nebraska but now they are located in Michigan. So I think that might be why there was a pause. But the quality still looks very high.

Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This looks great Tim! What lift are you running?

-Steven
Thank you! MetalCloak 2.5". Started off with 35s, but it just didn't proportionally looks right to me. So, I just upgraded to 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very happy with the way it turned out.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Thank you! MetalCloak 2.5". Started off with 35s, but it just didn't proportionally looks right to me. So, I just upgraded to 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Very happy with the way it turned out.
Nice! I'll be going an 3.5" M.C. GC on mine soon.

I ran 37x12.50 Nitto RG's on beadlocks on my JK and loved them both on and offroad. i'll be going the same on the JL build.

How's the steering/psi on your set-up? On my JKU, the steering feel with the Nitto RG's was surprisingly sensitive to psi.

-Steven

Sponsored

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice! I'll be going an 3.5" M.C. GC on mine soon.

I ran 37x12.50 Nitto RG's on beadlocks on my JK and loved them both on and offroad. i'll be going the same on the JL build.

How's the steering/psi on your set-up? On my JKU, the steering feel with the Nitto RG's was surprisingly sensitive to psi.

-Steven
I've only had the Nittos on about a week, but they are definitely more sensitive than the Mickey Thompson ATZs that I had on. I'm really liking them.

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I've only had the Nittos on about a week, but they are definitely more sensitive than the Mickey Thompson ATZs that I had on. I'm really liking them.
Nice, they are a great tire. Nitto found a way to get all the best attributes in an MT tire.

One last question, what load rating are yours? My 37's were/'D'. My wife's 35's are 'E', big difference in ride quality.

-Steven