Sponsored

Less than a week with my Rubicon

N5lp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and 2019 2 door Wrangler Rubicon
My order took a little less than 3 months. It is a 2 door Rubicon with a V-6 in Sting Gray. Steel bumpers and LED lights.

On delivery the tires were over inflated by more than 10 PSI, despite my explicit request to have them properly inflated. I took care of that right away. Otherwise, all seems flawless. The steering is about like the other ones I test drove. The tires were shiny but I took care of that right away by driving on some dirt.

Quite a bit of dead spot in the steering; much like the other Wranglers I test drove. I really don't think about it unless I think about it and at highway speeds I don't really notice it at all.

I am still on my first tank of fuel, but based on the computer, the mileage seems quite similar to my V-8 Grand Cherokee. A bit better around town and a bit less on the highway.

I don't plan on doing suspension modifications but there are several minor tweaks I thought needed doing.

The first thing was to install the Smart Stop Start https://www.smartstopstart.com. Not near as easy as it was on my V-6 Grand Cherokee. I struggled a bit with getting my hand up where it need to be, but did get it done with minor loss of blood. I don't want to have the engine shutting off unexpectedly and this unit works perfectly.

The next thing was to put in the fender weather seals. That didn't work out so well. I can't get the front ones to stay put, so have pulled them out.

The ProClip phone mount is OK. It is a but higher than I would like and the cable routing is not that clean.

Next was removing the front bumper ends. Lost some more blood on that one while using the included tool. It seems to help to go away for a while and let the bolt cool off. I'm old, and struggled with the strength needed.

This morning I installed the Bestop Sunrider. This thing is the best. The only hard part was installing the Z-clip. The trick is to have the whole thing in position before trying to do that.

Tomorrow will be the Baja Designs foglight replacement.

I'm having fun.

DSC_9136.jpg
Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
My order took a little less than 3 months. It is a 2 door Rubicon with a V-6 in Sting Gray. Steel bumpers and LED lights.

On delivery the tires were over inflated by more than 10 PSI, despite my explicit request to have them properly inflated. I took care of that right away. Otherwise, all seems flawless. The steering is about like the other ones I test drove. The tires were shiny but I took care of that right away by driving on some dirt.

Quite a bit of dead spot in the steering; much like the other Wranglers I test drove. I really don't think about it unless I think about it and at highway speeds I don't really notice it at all.

I am still on my first tank of fuel, but based on the computer, the mileage seems quite similar to my V-8 Grand Cherokee. A bit better around town and a bit less on the highway.

I don't plan on doing suspension modifications but there are several minor tweaks I thought needed doing.

The first thing was to install the Smart Stop Start https://www.smartstopstart.com. Not near as easy as it was on my V-6 Grand Cherokee. I struggled a bit with getting my hand up where it need to be, but did get it done with minor loss of blood. I don't want to have the engine shutting off unexpectedly and this unit works perfectly.

The next thing was to put in the fender weather seals. That didn't work out so well. I can't get the front ones to stay put, so have pulled them out.

The ProClip phone mount is OK. It is a but higher than I would like and the cable routing is not that clean.

Next was removing the front bumper ends. Lost some more blood on that one while using the included tool. It seems to help to go away for a while and let the bolt cool off. I'm old, and struggled with the strength needed.

This morning I installed the Bestop Sunrider. This thing is the best. The only hard part was installing the Z-clip. The trick is to have the whole thing in position before trying to do that.

I'm having fun.

DSC_9136.jpg
Congrats on your new ride! Where in New Mexico are you? I would like to donate blood towards your next upgrade!

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Niiiiiiice, I like the color. Congratulations.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6

DSC_9136.jpg
Congrats! Just curious why you installed the Smart Stop Start rather than using the built in option to turn it off? Or is that only available with the 6spd and not the automatic trans?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! Just curious why you installed the Smart Stop Start rather than using the built in option to turn it off? Or is that only available with the 6spd and not the automatic trans?
Because the built-in option has to be pressed every time you start the jeep. It’s the same regardless of which transmission you choose

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Congrats on this. Hopefully I will be joining you in a few more months! I want a 2020 ..... so, this fall is for me. As you are driving around in October, look for the guy in a new red JLU with a big smile on his face. That will be me.

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Anyone see a big difference in steering between a Sahara jk and Rubi Jl

JimmyDoom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU

I'm having fun.

DSC_9136.jpg
Instead of investing money on smart start stop, you could have just simply disengaged the switch

Sponsored