Sponsored

Lemon law with a lease

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I would like some advice, im not sure if i should call FCA, talk to the dealer or a lawyer, i'm not greedy, i basically just want to walk away.

I LEASED my 2018 JL in may of last year. It has a few mods, wheels, bumper, winch, light bar, fenders. Nothing serious and nothing that cant be unbolted in a day in my driveway.

I dropped it off July 5th for an oil leak, it took forever to get the part, i had to get jeep wave involved to help get me the back ordered main seal they replaced. I got it back July 27th, 22 days out of service

I dropped it off the 4th of this month because it was leaking oil again, i didnt receive an update until Monday(5 days ago) that they acknowledged that it was leaking oil again and they werent sure where(they said it could be 1 of 3 seals, they replaced the main last time and said the transmission would need to be taken out to figure out which one). I asked for an update Friday(yesterday) and got told they would check first thing Monday with the tech about it.

By Monday it will have been 34-35 days out of use for manufacturer service.

I'm pretty sure i can get a lawyer and sue them, i dont want anything to do with that. If they let me get my parts off it and voided my lease and let me walk away...i would be happy.

The vehicle was bought a dealer 2 hours away, also in Florida. Since then its lived in Gainesville and been to the Gainesville dealer 4 times(2 oil changes, the first oil leak and now the oil leak again)
Sponsored

Last edited:

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
All I can say is don't get a lawyer. If you get a lawyer, any process or route you go from that point on will only drag out and you'll have a harder time. Not sure how it works for a lease but those who have had their Jeep bought back have had a much smoother and quicker turn around with dealing with FCA and dealers directly.

Last edited:

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
What is the Lemon Law in Florida? That's where you need to start. Does your Jeep qualify? Not sure how the lease changes things since the bank owns the vehicle.

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
the lemon law says that they get 3 tries to fix it and if the 3rd doesn't fix it its a lemon. that is pretty much the law for every state.

Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The only question I have is that in a lease you are not the actual owner or title holder, the leasing company is. Maybe you need to go through them, tell them what is happening to their vehicle? They could advocate for you if they so choose.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
With a lease its the same process but they payoff the lender and you get back whatever you might have put in it.

OP
OP

mischman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
.The vehicle has been out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities by the manufacturer or its authorized service agent for a cumulative total of 30* or more days, exclusive of down time for routine maintenance prescribed by the owner’s manual. The manufacturer must have had the opportunity for a final repair attempt as described above. The 30 and 60 day periods may be extended if repair services are not available because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or natural disaster.