Sponsored

lemon law - swapping jeep, any suggestions?

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
...and that's how you school a fool. Or in this case, a couple of them. Well done.
Yup. I learned so much from this experience. I've seen the light and the world is now truly a better place. My deepest gratitude...
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
You "White Knights" are really taking yourself too serious. Snarky banter is thrown around on both sides, but the second a female identifies herself as such is thrown in the mix, the rules change and then everybody has to tip toe around it.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
You "White Knights" are really taking yourself too serious. Snarky banter is thrown around on both sides, but the second a female identifies herself as such is thrown in the mix, the rules change and then everybody has to tip toe around it.
There's a difference between banter and snarking someone about being a woman. if you don't get that, you need some more schooling.

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
If you were following, you would know that the snark was instigated by @GreyFox. I replied in kind and used the word "bro" pejoratively as a rebuttal, not knowing what gender the poster was (didn't think it was relevant.)

I was then referred to as a gorilla (silverback) and was informed that the poster was a woman and that women "believe it or not" can be "educated and make informed decisions". So a false argument was leveled at me that I somehow didn't think women could be educated and informed which is ridiculous and had no bearing on this conversation. I threw snark back for the gorilla comment and the un-founded assumption that I think women are inferior and uneducated. Then you guys jumped in to defend women & veterans which I never attacked either. Take a step back and look at the context please. No misogyny here, just sticking up for myself.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ok, so apparently @Aceman didn't get the sky is falling. You're the one who said the Jeep was going to kill you or someone else. That was definitely an over exaggeration.

You made the comment about "opposable thumbs" hence my silverback comment. Guess you missed that one too;)

And yes I called you out on the bro comment. If it had been a genuine form of affection, like my military brothers would do, then no harm no foul. But clearly yours was not of that intention.

Am I belittling your comment about FCA? Yes. Yes I am. Why? Because you posted your disdain several times on several posts. Ok, we get it that you're angry. We can't do anything to help you. But what did you expect when you are on a forum full of people who enjoy their Jeep and wish to learn more about them?

I am genuinely a pretty nice person. But I call out bullshit when I see it. Now, I'm thru with this banter, as you call it. We have hijacked poor @jimmydarnell thread long enough.

@jimmydarnell Good luck on your decision. I personally am hoping to see an awesome Gladiator:like:

Sponsored

Aceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Ok, so apparently @Aceman didn't get the sky is falling. You're the one who said the Jeep was going to kill you or someone else. That was definitely an over exaggeration.
It's not an over exaggeration. I've almost side-swiped many vehicles while concentrating my damnedest to stay in my lane on the highway. I guess I didn't appreciate someone trivializing my concern without knowing anything about me or my jeep.

You made the comment about "opposable thumbs" hence my silverback comment. Guess you missed that one too;)
Didn't miss that comment either, 2 Master's degrees has kept this noggin' pretty sharp. I jabbed at you for laughing off my genuine concern.

And yes I called you out on the bro comment. If it had been a genuine form of affection, like my military brothers would do, then no harm no foul. But clearly yours was not of that intention.
Mine was clearly snarky following your response that the "the sky is falling". I regret using the word "bro" since it opened up a gender debate that I had no intention of starting. My intention was similar to the way people say "have a great weekend guys" at the office, even though there are males and females involved.

Am I belittling your comment about FCA? Yes. Yes I am. Why? Because you posted your disdain several times on several posts. Ok, we get it that you're angry. We can't do anything to help you. But what did you expect when you are on a forum full of people who enjoy their Jeep and wish to learn more about them?
That's fair. Though I only voiced my opinion once but my view didn't fall in line with the majority here and then had to justify my position when called out by others. In this case the OP had a lemon and asked for advice, we don't all have to have the same viewpoint.

I am genuinely a pretty nice person. But I call out bullshit when I see it. Now, I'm thru with this banter, as you call it. We have hijacked poor @jimmydarnell thread long enough.
I'm also genuinely nice. The bullshit you interpreted was just me sharing my frustration with FCA. Bottom line is this: I respect you and all women and greatly appreciate your service for this country. This spiraled out of control and things got lost in translation. If our paths cross in the future, I'll buy you a few rounds of beers and I bet we'd get along just swell.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It's not an over exaggeration. I've almost side-swiped many vehicles while concentrating my damnedest to stay in my lane on the highway. I guess I didn't appreciate someone trivializing my concern without knowing anything about me or my jeep.

Didn't miss that comment either, 2 Master's degrees has kept this noggin' pretty sharp. I jabbed at you for laughing off my genuine concern.

Mine was clearly snarky following your response that the "the sky is falling". I regret using the word "bro" since it opened up a gender debate that I had no intention of starting. My intention was similar to the way people say "have a great weekend guys" at the office, even though there are males and females involved.

That's fair. Though I only voiced my opinion once but my view didn't fall in line with the majority here and then had to justify my position when called out by others. In this case the OP had a lemon and asked for advice, we don't all have to have the same viewpoint.

I'm also genuinely nice. The bullshit you interpreted was just me sharing my frustration with FCA. Bottom line is this: I respect you and all women and greatly appreciate your service for this country. This spiraled out of control and things got lost in translation. If our paths cross in the future, I'll buy you a few rounds of beers and I bet we'd get along just swell.
I don't hold any grudges either:like:

:beer: first round on me if we ever meet:captain: tho I prefer moonshine to beer:giggle:

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I can assure you Multicam that in my 43 years of driving many different cars and 5 different Jeeps that ONLY the JL's exhibit dangerously loose steering. I have NEVER driven, rented, owned, leased, rode in, or witnessed a vehicle drive so poorly as the Jeep JL does, specifically my 2020 JLUR.
Okay, please tell me more about your sample size of one.

You realize they sell tens of thousands of these things right?

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
How can you make a blanket statement like that? What percentage of Jeeps has the issues the OP has had, which we don't know because the OP hasn't stated them?
Here's how I can confidently make the statement....If he lemon laws it, the odds are significantly higher because of simple statistics that he'd get another vehicle with the same issue.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Here's how I can confidently make the statement....If he lemon laws it, the odds are significantly higher because of simple statistics that he'd get another vehicle with the same issue.
How many Wranglers have ā€˜the issueā€™ and what percentage of the total sold is that?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I donā€™t think you understand ā€œsimple statistics.ā€

Someone lemon law-ing a vehicle has no bearing on the likelihood of the next vehicle having a given issue.

Edit: it occurred to me that maybe what you meant is that using the lemon law and getting another Jeep makes the odds significantly higher that heā€™ll get another vehicle with the same issue compared to the alternative of taking the money. In that case, yes, youā€™re right- thereā€™s a very small chance that a Toyota Corolla has death wobble or wandering steering on the highway!

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I donā€™t think you understand ā€œsimple statistics.ā€

Someone lemon law-ing a vehicle has no bearing on the likelihood of the next vehicle having a given issue.

Edit: it occurred to me that maybe what you meant is that using the lemon law and getting another Jeep makes the odds significantly higher that heā€™ll get another vehicle with the same issue compared to the alternative of taking the money. In that case, yes, youā€™re right- thereā€™s a very small chance that a Toyota Corolla has death wobble or wandering steering on the highway!
Actually, you're partly correct. The odds of him successfully "lemoning" another Wrangler for the same exact reason is pretty damned high, hence my assessment of the odds....

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many Wranglers have ā€˜the issueā€™ and what percentage of the total sold is that?
Well, we don't know do we? What my point was, and still is that the odds of the same guy having the same problem and "lemoning" another vehicle is pretty high.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Well, we don't know do we? What my point was, and still is that the odds of the same guy having the same problem and "lemoning" another vehicle is pretty high.

Well we do know that the chances of him getting a second one are exactly the same as anybody buying a Wrangler first, second or however many times...the odds are the same.

Iā€™m all ears, please explain how you think his chances are ā€˜pretty highā€™ and how these chances are different from any other buyer
Sponsored