stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to give some feedback regarding my local dealership as I don't see it really mentioned often in posts for the NC area. Overall I would recommend checking them out if they are within an hour of your location, you could save yourself a long journey across the state or out of state for that matter.

I have purchased two vehicles from here, a '17 Grand Cherokee (from inventory) and most recently a '20 JLUR (order). In both experiences I found that the sales people I worked with were not aggressive and in most cases pretty easy to work with throughout the process. Some key things to highlight:
  • I do feel their sales staff, as a whole, is missing that long term depth of knowledge about some of the non-highlighted features/options but that isn't anything out of the ordinary from most dealerships.
  • I didn't find any hesitation or push-back on test driving different trims or models and they also are willing to allow you to do what you want during the demo (highway/street/long/short).
  • They are pretty aggressive, in a good way, when it comes to trying to locate and find what you are looking for pretty much on the entire East Coast. So if you don't want to order something from the factory and don't have some crazy config, most likely they can find something that matches your request.
  • They will do a factory order and take your CC for $500 refundable deposit but from my experience and what others have seen, they don't charge you the deposit. My guess is you would have to order some kind of crazy options that would be very hard to resell before they even tried to run it.
  • They don't try to hide add-on's or try to sneak something once you go to financing manager.
I negotiated the price of my factory order without too much issue and got 8% off factory invoice. No restrictions on financing/in-house lenders or any other stupid restriction some dealer try to offset special pricing. I did have Tread Lightly included in that 8% discount which I had to educate my sales person on what that meant. I did come in with quotes at the ready from two other dealerships out of the region just in case but found I never had to force the issue.

In regards to this latest purchase and my sales guy:
  • This guy ran after me when I was roaming around the lot in my GC. He is definitely a guy who goes after an opportunity but never came off in a scary aggressive way.
  • He liked to text and I did most of my communication that way, including getting order status updates when I requested them.
  • He did like to brag about being the top seller and breaking records, his words "I'm killing it" were typical comments made in general chit-chat. He didn't come off as deceitful or aggressive at all, just liked to self promote.
  • I never felt like he attempted to make a deep personal connection or make you feel like you are their only priority. A really good sales person usually makes you feel that way. Now some people prefer just keeping things simple and have a quick business transaction, I usually prefer to feel like I have a little bit of a relationship in case any issues comes up in the future.
Since I did most of my negotiation via text, the only thing I negotiated in person was my trade-in. They use KBB trade-in/dealer numbers, not Black Book which is important to note. They did make a mistake on my trade-in options when calculating the value, it was an easy mistake but they corrected it quickly. I probably could have negotiated a little more on my trade-in but since it was a lease, I was satisfied with final numbers after payoff and such and not having to deal with inspections and crap for turning it in when not moving to a new lease.

For finance manager portion (~20 minutes):

They will most likely try to work in four things:
1. GAP insurance (I think they were like $800 or something and my Credit Union was like $350)
2. GlassCoat/Simoniz Interior / External protection and warranty. (Lifetime)
3. Wheel and Tire warranty (5 Years)
4. Dent/Ding warranty (5 Years)
You can decline all the extra stuff and they wont push hard to stop you. If you are interested in any of these, outside of GAP, you can negotiate down pretty cheap, like just above dealer cost. The finance person was very educated in each of these products, I threw things I thought would be curve balls and he was able to answer intelligently and correctly fast.

For final financing and paperwork, they worked directly with my Credit Union. It was pretty easy finalizing and a few quick signatures and I was out the door. Their admin fees or whatever others call them are high but not as crazy as some others: $598

Let me know if anyone has other questions, I would be interested to know if others have purchased from here and they had similar experiences or not.
Sponsored

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Thanks for the infor..an email address or contact details of the internet sales person will.be helpful

OP
OP
stormymk

stormymk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
My sales person was:
Matt Reintgen
919-244-7145
[email protected]

He also has [email protected] but I know he prefers the gmail account.

If you do end up doing anything with him and would like to help me out, he does have a referral bonus.
Sponsored