Legal in NM, CO, UT, and WY???

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Guys, we are taking a trip from MS to YNP this summer. During that trip we will be driving in New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. I am running 35" tires on stock wheels with 1.75 Spidertrax spacers and a 2.5" lift. My question is, will I have any issues in these states with this set-up? I do not have aftermarket mudflaps. I know Utah has a law about no spacers but I've also read that the Spidertrax are considered hub extensions and not spacers since they have a different set of lugs. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why would it be illegal?

I'm glad I live where I do ... and haven't been beaten into the mindset that I need to justify or prove the acceptability of what I drive to 'the man'.
Same here in Florida. I really don't care what problems the other states have with it, its not their concern.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Why would it be illegal?

I'm glad I live where I do ... and haven't been beaten into the mindset that I need to justify or prove the acceptability of what I drive to 'the man'.
Despite what many on here believe: lifted vehicles and tires that are not covered by fenders/flaps are a safety hazards.
Mismatched bumper heights(to other vehicles) and directly throw rocks,etc. Are hazards.

Many states have laws/ regulations regarding them (and many only bother with autos registered in their state).

Although 2.5 inch lift & 35 in tires, isn't that big of a change. So, it may not matter.

I agree that government over regulates, but sometimes laws make sense (especially since, common sense isn't common anymore and we live in a "I only care about myself" society).

Last edited:
OP
OP
jchaisson

jchaisson

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I don't know that any of that stuff matters if your vehicle is owned and registered in a state where its legal
That's what I was thinking as well.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Despite what many on here believe: lifted vehicles and tires that are not covered by fenders/flaps are a safety hazards.
Mismatched bumper heights(to other vehicles) and directly throw rocks,etc. Are hazards.

Many states have laws/ regulations regarding them (and many only bother with autos registered in their state).

Although 2.5 inch lift & 35 in tires, isn't that big of a change. So, it may not matter.

I agree that government over regulates, but sometimes laws make sense (especially since, common sense isn't common anymore).
What you say makes sense but there are vehicles on the road that are within compliance and still throw rocks into my windshield. 8K miles, rock smacked into my windshield by a semi with full size mudflaps so it is what it is.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L

I agree that government over regulates, but sometimes laws make sense (especially since, common sense isn't common anymore).

Puhleez ‍:facepalm:

“...lifted vehicles and tires that are not covered by fenders/flaps are a safety hazards... :stop: Although 2.5 inch lift & 35 in tires, isn't that big of a change. So, it may not matter.” :headbang:

Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
What are your scheduled dates? We are rolling through Roswell July 24, then headed to SW Colorado July 25, and moving on to Moab July 30.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

I agree that government over regulates, but sometimes laws make sense (especially since, common sense isn't common anymore and we live in a "I only care about myself" society).
:facepalm:

SGT4774

First Name
TA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR - Sting Gray (6 speed)
I don't know that any of that stuff matters if your vehicle is owned and registered in a state where its legal
It does not matter where the vehicle is registered. You must comply with the laws of the state that you are driving in. That said, I think you will be fine. Don’t draw attention to yourself.
Sponsored