Sponsored

Leftover factory FOD (Foreign Object Debris)

McBeeve

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Rubicon
Occupation
Facilities Administrator
Last edited:

Waawhoo

First Name
Tobin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
After pulling the carpet I found a newer roll of electrical tape, and the corner of peanut M&M bag.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I've never found any surprising things in a new vehicle that I bought. On the other hand, I've found some things in the attics of houses that I bought that impressed upon me the "quality" (or lack thereof) of the workers involved. Beer cans in the attic and in the walls... Fast food / take-out containers... And some people have found rather disgusting items that the workers left.

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Jeep left me a few goodies. This banged up pen was in my backseat fold seat hinge and this red dust cap under the front drivers seat. Gives it that "personal touch" :cwl:

Anyone else find anything leftover from the factory workers?

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I've never found any surprising things in a new vehicle that I bought. On the other hand, I've found some things in the attics of houses that I bought that impressed upon me the "quality" (or lack thereof) of the workers involved. Beer cans in the attic and in the walls... Fast food / take-out containers... And some people have found rather disgusting items that the workers left.
Yes I've found old beer cans in walls also, the real thick Rheingold ones that you need a can opener to open both ends with. Still have them.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Assuming that meant me (since I don't see other nails in this post), yep, I am a chick with pretty short nails. 20180626_112641.jpg
I thought the hand looked feminine, but I assume nothing these days!:facepalm:

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming that meant me (since I don't see other nails in this post), yep, I am a chick with pretty short nails. 20180626_112641.jpg
So, I guess you were never were warned about dating aviation mechanics -- anything that doesn't move gets riveted. ;)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I guess you were never were warned about dating aviation mechanics -- anything that doesn't move gets riveted. ;)
I haven't dated any mechanics. I probably should have since I keep breaking nails working on my cars. ;)

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't dated any mechanics. I probably should have since I keep breaking nails working on my cars. ;)
Just yanking your chain about the rivet in your nose... I'm a pilot and aircraft owner and know a few aircraft mechanics. It seems that they are always either drilling rivets out of things or putting rivets into things. Or complaining that there is no room to work under the panel for various aircraft (mine especially). :)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just yanking your chain about the rivet in your nose... I'm a pilot and aircraft owner and know a few aircraft mechanics. It seems that they are always either drilling rivets out of things or putting rivets into things. Or complaining that there is no room to work under the panel for various aircraft (mine especially). :)
LOL. I forget about the piercing.

My dad was a pilot for the police (helicopter and airplane).
Sponsored