Sponsored

LED warranty period

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Does anyone know the warranty period for factory LED headlights?

How about the Mopar aftermarkets?

Considering the Mopar LED headlights are in the $800 range I hope they are warrantied longer than 12 months.

The reason I ask is because Honda Accords have been known to have LED lights fail within 1-2 years.

I may stay with factory halogens and possibly upgrage just the bulbs. This way if a bulb fails it can easily be replaced by inserting a halogen bulb on the go.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I'm about 99% sure they are covered under the 3yr/36Kmile warranty.

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
After reading the mopar catalog it appears most parts come with 2 year warranty. If the part is installed on a newer vehicle that is still covered by 3/36, then part warranty will be extended to 3 years.

Iā€™m most likely buying a Sport so stuck with halogens for now and may upgrade later as more aftermarket options are available.

Hopefully the LED heaglights/fender/fogs are not easily accessible by thieves otherwise they may become a hot commodity. Iā€™ve heard plenty of stories of LED fog lights being targeted by thieves on multiple vehicles.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Interesting point. Iā€™m really considering going LED for the halo rings and white running/yellow turning signals on the flares. But then I saw Diodedynamics have their own LED plugin lights for the halogen set that ultimately do the same thing for about 1/3 of the price https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jl-wrangler-switchback-turn-signal-leds.3166/
I aways have a hard time believing that anything could do Ā« the exact same thing for about a 1/3 of the price Ā»...
If it costs less, thereā€™s a reason to it

Sponsored

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I aways have a hard time believing that anything could do Ā« the exact same thing for about a 1/3 of the price Ā»...
If it costs less, thereā€™s a reason to it
Thatā€™s why I said ā€œultimatelyā€ lol. I still want to see brightness comparisons and if you went with aftermarket youā€™d lose the halo ring and factory look but Iā€™m assuming replacement costs would be cheaper once warranty was up. Iā€™m still leaning towards going Factory LED but my opinion still isnā€™t concrete of which route Iā€™m going.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
After reading the mopar catalog it appears most parts come with 2 year warranty. If the part is installed on a newer vehicle that is still covered by 3/36, then part warranty will be extended to 3 years.

Iā€™m most likely buying a Sport so stuck with halogens for now and may upgrade later as more aftermarket options are available.

Hopefully the LED heaglights/fender/fogs are not easily accessible by thieves otherwise they may become a hot commodity. Iā€™ve heard plenty of stories of LED fog lights being targeted by thieves on multiple vehicles.
Usually they take entire vehicle, or do a smash and grab on stuff. Guess it depends on where you are parked, but one would think spending time to get lights would not be worth risk

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Usually they take entire vehicle, or do a smash and grab on stuff. Guess it depends on where you are parked, but one would think spending time to get lights would not be worth risk
Theyā€™ll steal just about anything including the passenger doors off this camry.

04B53241-059E-4675-A141-06CDB8415B5E.png

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Interesting point. Iā€™m really considering going LED for the halo rings and white running/yellow turning signals on the flares. But then I saw Diodedynamics have their own LED plugin lights for the halogen set that ultimately do the same thing for about 1/3 of the price https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...jl-wrangler-switchback-turn-signal-leds.3166/
by same thing, I think you mean the temperature of the light is similar, the actual output and specific housing design are not setup to maximize the light output, sure it is 1/3 the price, but it is in no way even close to the same thing, in real life it honestly may be only a slight improvement enough to justify the price, but not anywhere close to the performance of the OEM leds.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
First off LED are extremely reliable, the failures you are reading about are almost certainly the electronics and not the LED itself. So the question becomes the are the 3rd party electronics better or worse than the OEM product. Given that auto companies have been dealing with electrical systems longer than any 3rd party I wouldnā€™t recommend taking the risk. Remember the enviromental demands of auto electronics are extreme, so the OEM specifications and testing requirements are severe. External electrical components endure many many cycles of heat and cold over years of service. Finely, electronics suffer from infant mortality, this means that the majority of failures happen relatively early in the lifetime of the product, said differently, if the headlights are going to fail itā€™s very likely it will happen during the warranty period.

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
LED package gets you more than just the headlights, so you can't compare the cost of the LED package vs. a pair of aftermarket LED headlights.
FCA is top shelf for quality?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
I personally don't care for the halo headlights. I bit too much bling for me. I would like LED for better visibility, So I'll likely go aftermarket.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
LED package gets you more than just the headlights, so you can't compare the cost of the LED package vs. a pair of aftermarket LED headlights.
FCA is top shelf for quality?
When it comes to electronics the OEMā€™s are the safer bet for two reasons. First, cars/trucks are systems not simply a bunch of components and only the OEMā€™s can understand the full impact of a single component on the entire system. Second, the qualification process for any electrical component in a car/truck is truly daunting, I work in the semiconductor industry and understand the depths to which electrical components are designed and tested. I canā€™t speak for assembly or workmanship errors at FCA but at an electrical component level and/or system design standpoint no 3rd party has anywhere near the resources of the OEM.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
All I can say is after having some time with these LEDs, they are like gods flashlight, I love them and they are worth every penny IMHO.... best headlights Iā€™ve ever had by a wide margin, they blow away my overland GC and every recent luxury brand Iā€™ve driven.

OP
OP

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
All I can say is after having some time with these LEDs, they are like gods flashlight, I love them and they are worth every penny IMHO.... best headlights Iā€™ve ever had by a wide margin, they blow away my overland GC and every recent luxury brand Iā€™ve driven.
Great news.
Hopefully the mopar aftermarket headlights will provide the same results in the Sport. They claim to be same as production.
Sponsored