LED Tails looks so much better

Ccameron511

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I put LED bulbs in mine, didn't cost a ton and still have that nice bright, immediate lighting LED benefit. Someday I may replace them with "real" LED tails but for now I'm happy with them.
Was switching out the bulbs a difficult process? And which bulbs did you get? I ask because I have LED now but am contemplating “downgrading” to the halogen housing because I like the old school look a little more. If I can have LED lights in that housing, that would be the best of both worlds.
Sponsored

OP
OP
spinxt

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Was switching out the bulbs a difficult process? And which bulbs did you get? I ask because I have LED now but am contemplating “downgrading” to the halogen housing because I like the old school look a little more. If I can have LED lights in that housing, that would be the best of both worlds.
you can’t switch bulbs, you have to switch the entire light assembly. It’s easy, takes 5 min

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Yep, not understanding the upgrade, and the expense required. But, it's your Jeep, and your money.
Me, I added super bright Halogens, and am very satisfied. Simple fix, inexpensive to do, and easy to replace when needed.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I put LED bulbs in mine, didn't cost a ton and still have that nice bright, immediate lighting LED benefit. Someday I may replace them with "real" LED tails but for now I'm happy with them.
Which ones?

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep is definitely nickel-and-diming us. It is insulting a $30K-$85K Wrangler does not come with a LEDs, hood lock, locking gas cap, hood struts, and a few other things a $20K econo-box has as standard equipment. I guess they do it because they can...
Devil's advocate here but let's see that Econo box with a full 4x4 system, solid axles, tcase, LSD/lockers, larger tires, offroad suspension, dual roof, full size spare, skid plates and armour, removable doors and I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting come in at $20k

I mean. If we are going to compare apples to apples, there is no "Econo box" version of the Wrangler. Period.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Devil's advocate here but let's see that Econo box with a full 4x4 system, solid axles, tcase, LSD/lockers, larger tires, offroad suspension, dual roof, full size spare, skid plates and armour, removable doors and I'm sure a few other things I'm forgetting come in at $20k

I mean. If we are going to compare apples to apples, there is no "Econo box" version of the Wrangler. Period.
Agree. But it is still insulting there is no hood lock from the factory.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Agree. But it is still insulting there is no hood lock from the factory.
If someone wants something under your hood, a hood lock will slow them down for about 2 minutes. I have an AMFIB and a solar panel controller under my hood, I'm not really concerned about someone stealing that. Maybe it's different where you live but in the land of "we don't lock our doors" not even on my radar.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
If someone wants something under your hood, a hood lock will slow them down for about 2 minutes.
If somebody really wants something, yes, they'll get it. Thieves generally look for something easy though. With the number of Wranglers out there, any deterrent, such as a hood lock, move them on to the next easy target. A simple deterrent stops the majority of thefts.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If somebody really wants something, yes, they'll get it. Thieves generally look for something easy though. With the number of Wranglers out there, any deterrent, such as a hood lock, move them on to the next easy target. A simple deterrent stops the majority of thefts.
Yes, I agree, but if they're looking under the hood. Odds are they know something is there. The "average" piece of shit thief knows that most jeeps wouldn't have anything of value.

Guys are worried about a hood lock and mount $1000 worth of LED lights with a bolt right beside the $1500 winch. See what I'm saying?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Guys are worried about a hood lock and mount $1000 worth of LED lights with a bolt right beside the $1500 winch. See what I'm saying?
Yes. Those posts aren't actually concerned about security though. They just want the most for their dollar.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yes. Those posts aren't actually concerned about security though. They just want the most for their dollar.
I'd be happy if they chucked extra money towards teaching their techs the specifics of a jeep to be honest. A hood lock on a Jeep is more of an annoyance than a value for me.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I'd be happy if they chucked extra money towards teaching their techs the specifics of a jeep to be honest. A hood lock on a Jeep is more of an annoyance than a value for me.
It takes literally two seconds to unlock it, so sorry, but that’s just hyperbole.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
LEDs came standard on mine, but I’m pretty disappointed in the back up light brightness. My JKUs halogen lenses with standard Amazon led bulbs were brighter.
Sponsored