LED Tails looks so much better

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I was so disappointed when I picked up my wife’s JLU that it didn’t come with LED tail lights despite ordering the LED package. I came to find out on the Sport S, you have to order the LED package AND safety group to get the tails. So I spend an exorbitant amount of money to upgrade them 🤷‍♂️ They looks so much better (side by side comparison)
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Tails looks so much better 5C99F947-42ED-46F1-81B9-487E28877AFD
Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Eh, to each their own I guess - but I see no difference that justifies that kind of expenditure.

That said, it's your $ - so if you're satisfied, it's all good.

OP
OP
spinxt

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
I just hated the lenses on the stock ones…they look like the cheap generic big rig lights that cost like $10. Jeep needs to do better for a vehicle that costs $50k. It’s BS it doesn’t come with LEDs all around from the factory. You shouldn’t have to pay $2000 for the LED package and Safety Group to get them

Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I just hated the lenses on the stock ones…they look like the cheap generic big rig lights that cost like $10. Jeep needs to do better for a vehicle that costs $50k. It’s BS it doesn’t come with LEDs all around from the factory. You shouldn’t have to pay $2000 for the LED package and Safety Group to get them
Personally, I feel the only taillights that belong on a Wrangler are the CJ/YJ/TJ/Big-Rig style.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Except it doesn’t cost $50k. Even my Rubicon cost me less then $40k OTD new… But I do agree, LEDs should be standard considering even the cheapest cars today seem to have them.

But I’m pretty sure these things still can be had stripped for less then $30k. Just seems odd to me when people say these are $50-60k vehicles.

Sponsored

OP
OP
spinxt

spinxt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU
Except it doesn’t cost $50k. Even my Rubicon cost me less then $40k OTD new… But I do agree, LEDs should be standard considering even the cheapest cars today seem to have them.

But I’m pretty sure these things still can be had stripped for less then $30k. Just seems odd to me when people say these are $50-60k vehicles.
Maybe two years ago…. They are all of $50k now.

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Just pick up a set from the forum or FB Marketplace. I got a set for $300 and put them on my Sport S. They plug right in...you don't need to mod anything.

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
Thant's crazy that the LED package is 2k and it doesn't come with LED taillights. That price and they may even be able to put an LED light under the hood..

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Do you feel that a vehicle with shitty lights should cost $50k+????
My current JL is my 6th Wrangler (5 plus my CJ, to be more accurate). None of them have had LED tails. I'd estimate I've driven these vehicles a combined 750k miles, with a fairly even split between nighttime and daylight driving. I have been rear-ended exactly zero times. This tells me that these "shitty" lights have performed quite admirably.

Now that I think of it, if you add the purchase price of my 2 most expensive Jeeps, it wouldn't equal 50k. When I hear what some people are paying for these things recently, I can't help but feel like they should have their own telethon.
Sponsored