LED TAIL LIGHTS - DAYTIME RUN?

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON
Do the factory upgraded JL LED tail lights have exterior trim daytime running option?

It seems as mine are only working when breaking, however it’s just the turn signal / break lights rather than the trim running.

Looking for the option in the photo below. Is there a setting to enable this, or do I need to buy new?

3FF104CB-3027-4371-A39D-195641E14873.jpeg

9FFF875D-AC6A-4342-9429-C81159C06974.jpeg
Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
The rear LEDs only work when they are turned on by the switch, not part of the DRL system.

I always drive with the lights set at it's parking position, have been doing this for decades, so it's a habit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The rear LEDs only work when they are turned on by the switch, not part of the DRL system.

I always drive with the lights set at it's parking position, have been doing this for decades, so it's a habit.
Same here. Before owning vehicles with drl's, I'd habitually turn all the lights on to be more conspicuous to those who don't pay enough attention. My Jeep has the full led package, which are pretty bright during the day, compared to yesteryears incandescent bulbs. Plus, the fog lights work without the headlamps on, so I run around during the day with the parking and fogs on.
Jeep Wrangler JL LED TAIL LIGHTS - DAYTIME RUN? 20210127_195638

Reactions: AFD

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I wish DRLs required taillights be on as well.

With dashboards that always light up, and front DRLs, I see many people driving around after dark thinking their lights are on, or when using DRLs, the vehicle should ALWAYS be in auto-mode for headlights.

Sponsored

ricku

Threads
Reaction score
I have the total LED package. Run with my park lights on in daylight all the time (that activates the rear LED's)

OP
OP
JLWarrior

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON

Thanks! How do you switch the LEDs
I have the total LED package. Run with my park lights on in daylight all the time (that activates the rear LED's)
Dumb question I guess as multiple people have mentioned this. How do you run/ turn on your park lights?

Deleted member 59498

I don't know mine are on auto and I am driving never took a look.

I always assumed if my front driving lights are on so are my rear. Will take look.

However if they can not see the big ass mostly silver wheel they are going to hit you anyway.

OP
OP
JLWarrior

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL RUBICON

I always assumed if my front driving lights are on so are my rear. Will take look.

However if they can not see the big ass mostly silver wheel they are going to hit you anyway.
That’s what I thought until I was driving behind another JL the other day and started questioning if my lights were off too.

Deleted member 59498

Yeah living where I do it is mostly dark driving to work and I see people with their auto driving lights on and their rear has no lights at all. I should say their running lights not driving.

Sponsored

BCool

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Thanks! How do you switch the LEDs

Dumb question I guess as multiple people have mentioned this. How do you run/ turn on your park lights?
It's the first "click" on the headlight knob.

BoBo30

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Umm... Turn the light switch to the first notch. That is the parking light setting. The next notch is the full headlight and parking light ON position. The fogs also work in the parking light position... push in the center of the light switch dial to turn on the fogs (in the 2021 JL - assume same for 2019 through 2022).

BoBo30

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara

DRLs are front only. The only way to have the rear red lights on is to turn on the lights to the parking light position (first click on the light switch). I've never seen rear DRLs.

Paulcardona

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SAHARA 2023
So, as of today, is there any way that you could make the led tail lights be on like in this picture from OP?

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
So, as of today, is there any way that you could make the led tail lights be on like in this picture from OP?

3FF104CB-3027-4371-A39D-195641E14873.jpeg

9FFF875D-AC6A-4342-9429-C81159C06974.jpeg
From what I could find in a thread from about a year ago (LINK), the Tazer doesn't support any customization to force tail lights to be on in either regular off/DRL mode or 'auto' DRL mode.

The only way to get them on is to either run with your parking lights on (2nd detent) or full headlights on (3rd detent).

In 'auto' mode (4th detent, if equipped), the tail lights will only come on when the sensor turns the full headlights on and they'll be off again when it switches back to DRL-only mode, which is really stupid and potentially dangerous imo (the dash or uConnect should at least have a basic preference to switch from 'DRL > headlights' to 'parking lights > headlights').
Sponsored