LED TAIL LIGHTS - DAYTIME RUN?

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SAHARA
Do the factory upgraded JL LED tail lights have exterior trim daytime running option?

It seems as mine are only working when breaking, however it’s just the turn signal / break lights rather than the trim running.

Looking for the option in the photo below. Is there a setting to enable this, or do I need to buy new?

3FF104CB-3027-4371-A39D-195641E14873.jpeg

9FFF875D-AC6A-4342-9429-C81159C06974.jpeg
Advertisement

BXFXJeep

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The rear LEDs only work when they are turned on by the switch, not part of the DRL system.

I always drive with the lights set at it's parking position, have been doing this for decades, so it's a habit.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The rear LEDs only work when they are turned on by the switch, not part of the DRL system.

I always drive with the lights set at it's parking position, have been doing this for decades, so it's a habit.
Same here. Before owning vehicles with drl's, I'd habitually turn all the lights on to be more conspicuous to those who don't pay enough attention. My Jeep has the full led package, which are pretty bright during the day, compared to yesteryears incandescent bulbs. Plus, the fog lights work without the headlamps on, so I run around during the day with the parking and fogs on.
20210127_195638.jpg

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I wish DRLs required taillights be on as well.

With dashboards that always light up, and front DRLs, I see many people driving around after dark thinking their lights are on, or when using DRLs, the vehicle should ALWAYS be in auto-mode for headlights.

ricku

Reaction score
I have the total LED package. Run with my park lights on in daylight all the time (that activates the rear LED's)

OP
OP
JLWarrior

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SAHARA

Thanks! How do you switch the LEDs
I have the total LED package. Run with my park lights on in daylight all the time (that activates the rear LED's)
Dumb question I guess as multiple people have mentioned this. How do you run/ turn on your park lights?

Scott.B

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I don't know mine are on auto and I am driving never took a look.

I always assumed if my front driving lights are on so are my rear. Will take look.

However if they can not see the big ass mostly silver wheel they are going to hit you anyway.

OP
OP
JLWarrior

JLWarrior

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SAHARA
I don't know mine are on auto and I am driving never took a look.

I always assumed if my front driving lights are on so are my rear. Will take look.

However if they can not see the big ass mostly silver wheel they are going to hit you anyway.
That’s what I thought until I was driving behind another JL the other day and started questioning if my lights were off too.

Scott.B

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah living where I do it is mostly dark driving to work and I see people with their auto driving lights on and their rear has no lights at all. I should say their running lights not driving.

BCool

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tuscadero Sahara 4xe
Thanks! How do you switch the LEDs

Dumb question I guess as multiple people have mentioned this. How do you run/ turn on your park lights?
It's the first "click" on the headlight knob.

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement