LED swap from halogens

babybryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Installed these headlights and these turn signals, previously running halogens. Halos on the headlight are supposed to function with DRL's in the fender flares. Everything is wired up and functioning properly in accessory mode (engine not running). Crank the engine and the halos start cycling through their startup process 3 times and shut off.

I come to the conclusion that I either need a dealer flash or a programmer to flash the ECM. So I go the programmer route and order a Tazer JL mini. I get the Tazer installed and go to the lighting submenu and change both the headlights and turn signals to now run LED and reboot twice. I crank the engine and turn the headlight dial to the fog lights enabling the DRLs and everything is working (halos and fender DRLs). I turn the headlight dial to auto and now the halos are no longer on but the DRL in the fenders are functioning. Has anyone had any similar issues or does anyone have any possible solutions?
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
People have had many many issues, going from Halogen to LED. I decided it wasnt worth the headache. So, I bought a pair of +150% Halogen bulbs, a couple of years ago, and love them. Very bright, Zero issues, and cost is approx $30.

Save your pennys for other things, and return what you can.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Installed these headlights and these turn signals, previously running halogens. Halos on the headlight are supposed to function with DRL's in the fender flares. Everything is wired up and functioning properly in accessory mode (engine not running). Crank the engine and the halos start cycling through their startup process 3 times and shut off.

I come to the conclusion that I either need a dealer flash or a programmer to flash the ECM. So I go the programmer route and order a Tazer JL mini. I get the Tazer installed and go to the lighting submenu and change both the headlights and turn signals to now run LED and reboot twice. I crank the engine and turn the headlight dial to the fog lights enabling the DRLs and everything is working (halos and fender DRLs). I turn the headlight dial to auto and now the halos are no longer on but the DRL in the fenders are functioning. Has anyone had any similar issues or does anyone have any possible solutions?
I have the halo hooked up to one of my aux switches so I can manually control when I want them on. Maybe something you'd like to try as well.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
People have had many many issues, going from Halogen to LED. I decided it wasnt worth the headache. So, I bought a pair of +150% Halogen bulbs, a couple of years ago, and love them. Very bright, Zero issues, and cost is approx $30.

Save your pennys for other things, and return what you can.
I second this! I swapped LED bulbs in the headlights, fog lights, and DRL and it looks awesome and function properly. And if you point the bulbs in the proper direction (within the housing), you get a great line of sight without blinding others. As long as you dont change out the turn signal bulb, you wont have to flash or reprogram the computer.

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Jeep Wrangler JLU / 2020 Hydroblue Gladiator

I know you didn't but the Oracle Head Lights in this video, but it shows you how they wired them up for the halo to work off the DRL. FYI, I would return those and buy the Oracles. They are cheaper and have a lot more functions. I've included the link to the headlights below. Then go with a cheap set of LED fog bulbs from Alla lighting.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...ideo&utm_source=youtube&utm_term=step-by-step

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't like the excessive lighting when using the DRLs with the halos, it seemed to take away from the halo effect with the horizontal side markers on. So I turned the DRLs off in the settings, and rigged the halos to come on with the ignition. So they are essentially my new DRLs without the side markers on.

LukeSkywalker43

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bondirentals.co
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, Tundra
I’ll be selling a pair of Oracle Led headlights. Should be ready tomorrow. 400 bucks!
Sponsored