Sponsored

- Led Premium Headlights - Yeah or Neah? - What is your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I have heard a lot of mixed reviews from customers on this. I am hoping to get a little broader opinion.
Thank you for any and all Positive feedback.
Sponsored

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
I concur, they are fantastic! Jeep got it right on these.

-Steven

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Has any one had them in a good snow yet? I hear mixed comments stating they cause white out effect?

Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
The model 3 was tested by the IIHS and got a good result, out to around 200/350 on the low beams and 550ish on the highs. Great headlights, when I drive on dark roads I have great visibility.

2020 Outback with active LED's tested similar. Both vehicles got a good from the IIHS.

The Wrangler did 150/250 on the lows and 350ish on the highs. It got a poor.

Having driven all 3 cars at night, specifically the Wrangler just to check out the LED headlights, they earned that poor. I'd save the money.

For reference, best headlights ever was a 2018 Mercedes C class in Germany that had active LED's and actively blanked out the portion of the beam that would blind traffic (oncoming and in front). You never had to turn off the high beams, absolutely brilliant.

Smoke ‘Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
I found them great in snow and ice. Yes, in heavy snow, they’re too bright and I prefer halogens in heavy snow, but I’ve been fine traveling in CO in heavy snow. In ice, yes, they ice over, but still provide what I considered adequate lighting. Here’s the light pattern with both headlights completely coated with ice.

DA107E55-0719-4090-B4AA-2D58A4610F7A.jpeg

CA1097F8-7C5E-42D3-8241-C94F0E74DCB3.jpeg

omg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has any one had them in a good snow yet? I hear mixed comments stating they cause white out effect?
i could not see a thing driving in a blizzard like conditions last winter up in Vermont. Had to slow down enough to let a few other cars pass and follow their tail barely. a bit scary. wish i had some sort of halogen at that time.

other than that one single time, it is great having them.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I have heard a lot of mixed reviews from customers on this. I am hoping to get a little broader opinion.
Thank you for any and all Positive feedback.
Who said these weren't good? I've owned late model Audis and BMWs with LEDs. Many say these have good headlights. The Wrangler LEDs are every bit as good. I do wish they used a projector but for reflector lights these are great.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Yup ...I think they are great! compared to the JK they are far and above! I have owned Audis, Porsches...with projector and Bi zenon ...these are every bit as good. They do have the ability to really create an odd experience when the snow is coming down ...it is almost like an optical illusion because you see every flake coming at you. I purchased the quadratec stealth light for the amber lights in the event I find myself driving back from work (my commute is long and all dark highway) so if I ever need to disperse the white light because of a storm ...I have the ambers.

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea how much the LED package is for a Wrangler as mine came with Halogens but for $220 and about a half hour of plug-n-play, THESE are absolutely awesome. Got the matching LED fogs as well. The non-LED package already has LED rears so no need to worry about those. I'm set.

Jeep Wrangler JL - Led Premium Headlights -  Yeah or Neah? - What is your thoughts? 9F488338-B41D-4C62-9DB6-8B89EDB6A0E2.JPG

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my jl came with the halogens. i upgraded to supernova v4 head and fog lights. the best $348 spent. eventho the factory led are great, i'm not spending $1000 for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.