LED lights for rear of JL

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Just bought a pair of these from Lasfit and they seem pretty darn good.
Here's a link to a couple videos I did showing the difference between them and stock.
First vid is just emergency blinkers.

Second is with lights on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfy

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The orange is just an artifact of the brightness and the iPhone camera. They are red. :)

chrisv8622

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Were these lights plug and play or did you need a resistor with them?

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Were these lights plug and play or did you need a resistor with them?
Website says canbus error free, should be plug and play. Looks like a good set. I might also try these.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wolfy

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to give you all a heads up you can get these LED lights for $100. A lot of sport forum members are running these. Plug and play. All you need to do is mount the resistor with the clips provided. There is a smoked version also.
That looks like a good option, but I actually trust the dot rated OEM plastics. ...and the bulb change is trivial and doesn't require a resistor (or anything else). They really do make the stock taillight look much better!

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
The video is showing one led in and the other halogen?

Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
The product page states "NOT compatible if the bulb is all in one for the rear turn signal and brake lights. "

You didn't have that issue though, correct? I'll order a pair if that's a pointless warning.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
The product page states "NOT compatible if the bulb is all in one for the rear turn signal and brake lights. "

You didn't have that issue though, correct? I'll order a pair if that's a pointless warning.
I put these LasFit LED bulbs in my 2018 JL Sport S. Just remove the factory incandescent bulbs and replace with these LED's. Everything works great, no hyperflash and no "bulb out" error messages. I also replaced the back-up bulbs with the LasFit LED bulbs. Very happy with the LEDs. They are extremely bright, which is a good thing. I just would not want to be behind me at night in the In-n-Out drive thru.

here is the Amazon link I used:

Tail, brake, turn
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MF8S...wVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

Back-up
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MV53...wVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put these LasFit LED bulbs in my 2018 JL Sport S. Just remove the factory incandescent bulbs and replace with these LED's. Everything works great, no hyperflash and no "bulb out" error messages. I also replaced the back-up bulbs with the LasFit LED bulbs. Very happy with the LEDs. They are extremely bright, which is a good thing. I just would not want to be behind me at night in the In-n-Out drive thru.

Tail, brake, turn
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MF8S8/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Wrangler|356&Year=2018|2018&ie=UTF8&newVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

Back-up
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MV53P/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Wrangler|356&Year=2018|2018&ie=UTF8&newVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive
Of course my dumb ass ordered them direct from Lasfit for about $15 more. This whole tail light project is costing way too much. Could have bought aftermarket housings at this rate.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tail, brake, turn
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MF8S8/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Wrangler|356&Year=2018|2018&ie=UTF8&newVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive

Back-up
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0825MV53P/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep|42&Model=Wrangler|356&Year=2018|2018&ie=UTF8&newVehicle=1&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive
So I installed the Lasfit bulbs (car still has Tazer config for LED) and it's the same issue. Are you saying you did not use a Tazer or similar unit at all? Wondering if I just need to set it back to halogen mode via the Tazer.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
So I installed the Lasfit bulbs (car still has Tazer config for LED) and it's the same issue. Are you saying you did not use a Tazer or similar unit at all? Wondering if I just need to set it back to halogen mode via the Tazer.
My 2018 Sport S had the stock halogen tail lamps. I just replaced the halogen bulbs with the LasFit LED bulbs. All works perfectly. No Tazer used, no settings changed.
Sponsored