LED lights BACK TO factory Halogens?

JEK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Yup. I might be crazy…..Earlier this year I upgraded the factory standard headlight/fog light/and turn signal DRL lights all to OEM LED lights from mopar.
Local dealer installation.
Jeep had 600 miles when completed and now has just under 5000 miles on it.
I really enjoy driving the vehicle but recently a (different) local dealership made an offer to purchase the Jeep. The offer sheet did not show any upgrades on the list as I assume they went by the VIN number.
Should I waste my time trying to get the Jeep back to original, and possible sell or use some of the upgraded LED lights down the road, or just leave as is and be done.
I figure the Jeep dealer that installed the lights would still charge me quite a bit to return to stock.
My skill level on repairs like this is about a 3 out of 10.
Is it just plug a (re) play ? Can the halogens work on the LED wire harnesses?
JEK
Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i would leave them installed and make sure you're getting compensated for them (parts and labor) on the purchase offer. you can always re-buy the parts and upgrade the next one.

did you keep the old parts? that's the only problem, unloading the halogen lights. but you'd probly eat it less than paying labor to swap them back.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I just got a quote from a well known vendor on here. Looks like ~$400 for me to go full LED on my base Sport.

I'm sure yours was more being MOPAR branded, but a number to chew on.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I just got a quote from a well known vendor on here. Looks like ~$400 for me to go full LED on my base Sport.

I'm sure yours was more being MOPAR branded, but a number to chew on.
I am looking to go LED on my sport as well. What upgrades did your quote include?
Sponsored