rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
Hello All,

I ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara on 6/21 and received the email last that it wouldn't arrive at my dealership until 11/1. Prior to this order, I placed an initial order on 6/19 with the same build minus the LED Lighting package that I scraped since I wanted the LED lighting group. It turns out that the initial order without the LED lighting package will be here next week and my dealer said I can purchase that one if I didn't want to wait until 11/1. I'm definitely contemplating it since I honestly don't want to wait. Does anyone know if the LED lighting package is something that can be added after at the dealer or I can do myself? I read somewhere that the 2021 wranglers come with the 4th wire needed for the led halos. If that's the case, is it as simple as swapping out the light fixtures and programming either a tazer or flash the ECU for led functionality? Would it be the same for the LED parking light/drl?
Sponsored

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

I ordered a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara on 6/21 and received the email last that it wouldn't arrive at my dealership until 11/1. Prior to this order, I placed an initial order on 6/19 with the same build minus the LED Lighting package that I scraped since I wanted the LED lighting group. It turns out that the initial order without the LED lighting package will be here next week and my dealer said I can purchase that one if I didn't want to wait until 11/1. I'm definitely contemplating it since I honestly don't want to wait. Does anyone know if the LED lighting package is something that can be added after at the dealer or I can do myself? I read somewhere that the 2021 wranglers come with the 4th wire needed for the led halos. If that's the case, is it as simple as swapping out the light fixtures and programming either a taser or flash the ECU for led functionality? Would it be the same for the LED parking light/drl?
All can be changed out. Hearing 2021s have wire for halo. DRLs in fender pretty easy, so would LED fogs. Definitely will want a Tazer or JScan, etc to program. Problem lately is sourcing all new products, seems everything is on back order.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
LEDs require more chips. The semiconductor issue is not getting better, so production of all manufactured goods that use 3rd party outsourced chips will be affected. This will probably affect the aftermarket LED light companies as well. So, if you want to buy the one that's coming in and you want to add LEDs, do it quick.

OP
OP
rjazorx

rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
LEDs require more chips. The semiconductor issue is not getting better, so production of all manufactured goods that use 3rd party outsourced chips will be affected. This will probably affect the aftermarket LED light companies as well. So, if you want to buy the one that's coming in and you want to add LEDs, do it quick.
I think that is what I’ll end up doing. It seems like the mopar website has them back ordered probably for the very same reason. Do you know any good websites to purchase them?

OP
OP
rjazorx

rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
All can be changed out. Hearing 2021s have wire for halo. DRLs in fender pretty easy, so would LED fogs. Definitely will want a Tazer or JScan, etc to program. Problem lately is sourcing all new products, seems everything is on back order.
I understand that using tools like the tazer will save money but are there any upsides or benefits to having the dealer put in the led lighting codes?

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I understand that using tools like the tazer will save money but are there any upsides or benefits to having the dealer put in the led lighting codes?
Things may have changed but read some folks having issue getting codes loaded by dealer for the flare DRLs. So not sure if corrected yet or not. As for buying parts there’s always takeoffs popping up on here or FB marketplace. Matter of fact, there is currently a set of 2021 LED Headlights for $650 here in Dallas. The LED DRLs go for $150-250 and LED Fogs for plastic bumper you can grab for $100.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if decide to go that route. I have a set of brand new takeoff LED Taillights and a new Tazer Mini I will be posting on here for sale

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
here you go...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...kiwi-master-led-headlights-today.71498/page-2

its a pretty easy install ...did headlights, fog lights and fender lights total spent less than $450
Have a Tazer, but it really didn't even seem to need it as I had no error codes before I installed it.
the headlights and fog lights I bought don't need coding and the fender lights were used OEM lights I found on forum market place for like $150

save the $1400 and 4 months wait and DIY

Jeep Wrangler JL LED lighting package IMG_9569
Jeep Wrangler JL LED lighting package IMG_9451 2.JPG

OP
OP
rjazorx

rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
here you go...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...kiwi-master-led-headlights-today.71498/page-2

its a pretty easy install ...did headlights, fog lights and fender lights total spent less than $450
Have a Tazer, but it really didn't even seem to need it as I had no error codes before I installed it.
the headlights and fog lights I bought don't need coding and the fender lights were used OEM lights I found on forum market place for like $150

save the $1400 and 4 months wait and DIY

IMG_9569.jpg
IMG_9451 2.JPG

The LEDs hits differently on the sting gray ( got that color as well). And it seems like I’ll be doing the LEDs myself like you said since it is straightforward. I’m thinking about doing the OEM Mopar headlights, smoked Morimoto parking/DRL, Mopar fogs, and debating on the Mopar led tails or the Oracle smoked ones. Did you end up switching out your tails?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
The LEDs hits differently on the sting gray ( got that color as well). And it seems like I’ll be doing the LEDs myself like you said since it is straightforward. I’m thinking about doing the OEM Mopar headlights, smoked Morimoto parking/DRL, Mopar fogs, and debating on the Mopar led tails or the Oracle smoked ones. Did you end up switching out your tails?
No, I haven't yet did the tails...someday probably, but the tails weren't as important to me as the front end...honestly, I like my headlights better than the OEM as the halo matches the brightness of the OEM fender lights in daylight...you can hardly see the OEM halo lights in daylight and mine were a fraction of the price....so far so good, no complaints

Jeep Wrangler JL LED lighting package tempImagee3UNhY

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
rjazorx

rjazorx

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
Be very careful with Oracle products. See here.
Thanks for the heads up! Do you have any recommendations for after market headlights? I really like the smoked look

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP