KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I have been researching LED headlights options, Fog lights, turn signals etc.,
Long story short my wife saw the OEM LED headlights on another jeep and like those. I showed her the Oracle Oculus with halos and she likes them a lot. I would love to replace the amber turn signals to white also. We want to keep the color at around 5500 to 6000 to keep a crisp white look. What do you all think would be the best route to take to accomplish this? Aftermarket or OEM? trying to keep this plug n play as much as possible, even if I had to purchase a tazer I think that's what it is called.
Any suggestions or links would be great, thanks in advance!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What do you all think would be the best route to take to accomplish this? Aftermarket or OEM?
OEM will cost more. If you like the OEM look, DV8 makes a set of headlights that look very similar to them.

I have the Oracles and, in my opinion, they are the best aftermarket headlight you can purchase.

The DV8 and Oracle lights are essentially plug-and-play. You need tap into the fuse box for the halos, but that's easy to do.

For the turn signals, grab a set of switchback bulbs. They illuminate white when on normally and switch to amber when the turn signals are activated. These should be a direct plug-and-play replacement for your halogen bulbs.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Thanks Jludave! I was leaning toward the oracles. Which brand switchbacks? Most I see say you need resistors. I know Oracle makes some too

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks Jludave! I was leaning toward the oracles. Which brand switchbacks? Most I see say you need resistors. I know Oracle makes some too
Go with the Oracle switchbacks. They are plug-and-play. You may or may not need a Tazer to set your turn signals to LED. Some people need to, others don't.

Reactions: KJL

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I actually just finished most of the project you're looking at on our purple Jeep. This past weekend I installed the OEM LED headlights and LED DRL/turn signals. I activated them with the Tazer.

I highly recommend the Oracle headlights. I've got them in the yellow Jeep and they are great. I would have bought a set for the purple Jeep if I hadn't gotten a super deal on the OEM LED headlights.

Sponsored

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Did any of you extend the wire for the fuse box to go around and under the curved side so it doesn't get pinched?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did any of you extend the wire for the fuse box to go around and under the curved side so it doesn't get pinched?
I did.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I got switchbacks on Amazon. Way cheaper and they look great. White and super bright amber when blinking. They have resistors built in and are plug and Play.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I just got my oracle lights, fogs and switchback bulbs. Oracle told me if I cut the insulation I can run the fuse tap around the front and in the right side without extending the red wire. Or you can use the small wire for #4 Aux switch and set the memory to stay on or off. Any of you done that? No need for fuse box there.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Anyone?

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Or you can use the small wire for #4 Aux switch and set the memory to stay on or off. Any of you done that?
Many people run auxiliary lighting off the OEM switches.

Yes, you can run the halos off your AUX switch.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
"Many people run auxiliary lighting off the OEM switches.

Yes, you can run the halos off your AUX switch. "
Thank you, jludave
I've been at the hospital the last 4 days and finally back home. My wife had a heart attack and it was scary but they rushed in a put a stent in so all is good for now. Best Christmas present ever!
A true gift from God.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I just got a chance to install the switchback signals, foglights, and headlights all oracle. Wow! My wife loves them too. I left the grill off and took it to a commercial building that I used to adjut my f150 when I put hids in it.
I got them dialed in, much easier than trying to do them installed from the back. 1 thing oracle should do is make the adjuster on the top of the octulus and fogs adjuster on the back. Really just mimic the oem adjusters that's why they are there. Overall very pleased and the cutoff is amazing.

OP
OP

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I did extend and heat shrink the wire and fuse tap. I decided on this for my wife as she wants them to act as drls and no switch to worry about, so those auxs are still freed up

OUsoONErs

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Clubs

I just got a chance to install the switchback signals, foglights, and headlights all oracle. Wow! My wife loves them too. I left the grill off and took it to a commercial building that I used to adjut my f150 when I put hids in it.
I got them dialed in, much easier than trying to do them installed from the back. 1 thing oracle should do is make the adjuster on the top of the octulus and fogs adjuster on the back. Really just mimic the oem adjusters that's why they are there. Overall very pleased and the cutoff is amazing.
Any pics or videos?
Sponsored