Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Hey guys! Hoping you can help out.
I am getting a sport s and would love to get the factory LED package but unfortunately, it only allows me to get the LED Headlamp and Fog Lamp Group.
I have the latest code guide for the JL wrangler( Revised 8/6/20) What does all the W/O stuff mean. What are the major differences between the groups and is it even worth it if you are not able to get the complete look? Thanks everyone!

AD6 LED LIGHTING GROUP
• DAYTIME RUNNING LAMP LED ACCENTS (LPY)
• FRONT LED FOG LAMPS (LNV)
• LED PREMIUM REFLECTOR HEADLAMPS (LPX)
• LED TAILLAMPS (LAY)

ADA LED HEADLAMP AND FOG LAMP GROUP
• DAYTIME RUNNING LAMP LED ACCENTS (LPY) - W/O 2TB OR 2TS OR 2TK OR 2TF OR 2TW
OR 2TJ
• FRONT LED FOG LAMPS (LNV) - W/O 2TB OR 2TK

• LED PREMIUM REFLECTOR HEADLAMPS (LPX) - W/O 2TB OR 2TK
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The 2TB, 2TS etc are model codes
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Lighting Group Vs. LED Headlamp & Fog Lamp Group 1600186282478

as for what it means in reference to W/O (without? or with option?), not sure.

Tread4Lo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 w/ 3.0
The only difference I believe is the tail lamps and the Fender lights. LED Group comes with: headlights, fog lights, fender and tail. LED Headlight and Fog is exactly what it states, just the headlight and fog.

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
The only difference I believe is the tail lamps and the Fender lights. LED Group comes with: headlights, fog lights, fender and tail. LED Headlight and Fog is exactly what it states, just the headlight and fog.

Thanks for the reply! Yea I figured. When comparing the two listed packages, the only thing that is missing from the LED Headlight and Fog group is the tail lights so I was hoping the fender lights would be included. Guess not :(

Sponsored

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
The Sport S LED packages do not include fender LEDs.
if I was to get the LED Headlight and Fog group and put aftermarket led in the fender, would I still need to attach a resistor?

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
The picture of the Jeep package on the website is a bit misleading as the picture shows LEDs in the fenders, fogs and lights but as I discovered when my Jeep arrived, standard halogens in the fenders.

I considered swapping out full front fender assemblies with the factory LEDs but this wasn’t cost effective and also, far more trouble than it was worth in my opinion.

Also from what I recall, the plug in module for the wiring harness on the fenders is completely different between the Sport and the Sahara/Rubicon and therefore not compatible.

For what it’s worth, aftermarket is always an option but for me, it’s not a priority.

OP
OP

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
The picture of the Jeep package on the website is a bit misleading as the picture shows LEDs in the fenders, fogs and lights but as I discovered when my Jeep arrived, standard halogens in the fenders.

I considered swapping out full front fender assemblies with the factory LEDs but this wasn’t cost effective and also, far more trouble than it was worth in my opinion.

Also from what I recall, the plug in module for the wiring harness on the fenders is completely different between the Sport and the Sahara/Rubicon and therefore not compatible.

For what it’s worth, aftermarket is always an option but for me, it’s not a priority.
Yea I’m a little hesitant to start cutting wires and and adding resistors to a car I just drove off the lot. do you think it’s worth it to get the led headlamp and fog group even tho the fender lights and tail lights aren’t part of the package? Are the halogens that bad?

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
do you think it’s worth it to get the led headlamp and fog group even tho the fender lights and tail lights aren’t part of the package? Are the halogens that bad?
From the factory? Absolutely! I had rented a Sahara JLU with halogen fronts and rears and ordered the LEDs on mine for front and rear. Night and day difference and definitely worth the LED upgrade. Halogens in the fenders are a non issue. Get it!

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Yea I’m a little hesitant to start cutting wires and and adding resistors to a car I just drove off the lot. do you think it’s worth it to get the led headlamp and fog group even tho the fender lights and tail lights aren’t part of the package? Are the halogens that bad?
Depends on how bright you like your lights. Also could depend on where you live. The factory LED headlights are obviously different from the halogens even when not on, and some parts are fairly easy to steal on a Wrangler. I went with the headlight bulb swap, but picked a high quality (and expensive one). It is a lot brighter, has a nice cutoff, and doesn't require a resistor. Neither does the fog lamp bulb.

The turn signal swap does require a resistor, but it is easy to add with the provided wire clip (don't need to strip/solder, just crimp). Plus you get DRLs without needed a refresh - at least that was the case with my Sport S. That is with the set from Headlight Revolutions, can't comment on other setups. I will say that sometimes you get what you pay for with LED swaps.
Sponsored