LED Lighting Group on JL Sport S

Raj

First Name
Suraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be getting JLU
With price point and features i want - i am inclined towards JL sport S. Jeep.com says cannot get LED Lighting group on JL Sport S. I don't want to get to sahara and increase my build by 6000$ to have an 895$ package. Do i need to make special request ? If so how ? , Can i get similar or better lights in after market ? If yes what are the best lights(brand and model) that are close to lights in LED lighting package ?
Sponsored

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
The JL light housings are a new and larger than the standard 7” used in the JK. There is nothing no out there to buy aftermarket. Any aftermarket options will take a while.

They are not going to do a special Jeep build per special request.

For F150s, people have ordered the LED parts but the installation is far more complicated than you could imagine.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
With price point and features i want - i am inclined towards JL sport S. Jeep.com says cannot get LED Lighting group on JL Sport S. I don't want to get to sahara and increase my build by 6000$ to have an 895$ package. Do i need to make special request ? If so how ? , Can i get similar or better lights in after market ? If yes what are the best lights(brand and model) that are close to lights in LED lighting package ?
I am in the same situation with a sport s on order and was going to see if my dealer could order the lights from jeep and install them before I pick up. Wish they were an option! Update. OEM LED's will be available from Mopar soon.

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
The JL light housings are a new and larger than the standard 7” used in the JK. There is nothing no out there to buy aftermarket. Any aftermarket options will take a while.

They are not going to do a special Jeep build per special request.

For F150s, people have ordered the LED parts but the installation is far more complicated than you could imagine.
Why couldn't you simply update the H13 halogen to a H13 xenon or LED bulb kit for less than $100 until a new aftermarket headlight assembly is available?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I think your best play is likely to be to bite the bullet on the Sport (S), sans LED headlights, and wait for the aftermarket to produce decent ones made for the JL.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think your best play is likely to be to bite the bullet on the Sport (S), sans LED headlights, and wait for the aftermarket to produce decent ones made for the JL.
That is exactly what i plan to do.

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport S 2-door
I could have sworn I saw a release interview from the car show where the Jeep rep said that if someone buying a Sport wants LED group or just the headlights they could be ordered and installed by the dealer as mopar parts. Has no one else heard this or can a dealer confirm?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I could have sworn I saw a release interview from the car show where the Jeep rep said that if someone buying a Sport wants LED group or just the headlights they could be ordered and installed by the dealer as mopar parts. Has no one else heard this or can a dealer confirm?
Yes. They are in the Mopar catalog @JAY just posted last night. Listed as Coming Soon with no pricing but they will be offered.

Last edited:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
The new Mopar catalog lists LED's for the JL's as "coming soon".

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Tacoma, 04 Sienna, 06 Suzuki Boulevard
Occupation
Healthcare
So any update on this? Is there pricing on Mopar/dealer installed LED group for the Sport S?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So any update on this? Is there pricing on Mopar/dealer installed LED group for the Sport S?
Mopar LED headlights list for $895. Not sure about tail lights, fogs or fenders.

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Mopar LED headlights list for $895. Not sure about tail lights, fogs or fenders.
That’s a horrible deal. That price gets you the entire LED group on the other trims as opposed to just headlamps.

Hopefully aftermarkets can remedy such a robbery.

sandtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK Sport S 2-door
That’s a horrible deal. That price gets you the entire LED group on the other trims as opposed to just headlamps.

Hopefully aftermarkets can remedy such a robbery.
I agree, I really wanted a sport S but I also really want LED everything like the options on Sahara & Rubicon :headbang:

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
That is a rip off. I will buy some better bulbs until good after market packages are available. But first I gotta take delivery of my jeep:angry:

Orly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
I see no reason why a company like JW Speaker or Quadratec wouldn't develop some LED lights for the JL. They made mighty fine lights for the JK. And they'll surely be cheaper. It's either that or Jeep steps up to the plate.
Sponsored