Sponsored

LED Lighting Group on a Rubicon - worth it?

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
The LEDs are great. I'm very glad they were part of my Rubicon. My previous Wranglers (2014, 2018, both JKs) had the halogens, and the LEDs are SO much better.
Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Get it straight from factory. The factory LEDs are very bright and many people flash their brights at me thinking I have mine on.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I wanted the steel bumper group on my (ordered) Jeep, but they required the inclusion of the LED lights as well - so I bought them, reluctantly, as I hardly ever drive after dark. This week I had the opportunity to drive at length with them in an unlit area - they're worth it.

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
I'm in the worth it camp. The JL LED headlights are the second best stock headlight I've had on a vehicle.

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would not have bought my Rubicon without the LED package.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
I have not driven a JL with the Halogens, just mine with the factory LED's. So I can't say how bad (or good?) the halogens are.
However.... I will say that in all my previous Jeeps I always felt the need to add some aftermarket lighting. With the factory LED group, I don't see any need to add more for what I do because the factory lighting is really good. Just an opinion.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Keep your projection housing and get the Phillips led lights, not sure why everyone is saying the halogens are not good-have them on my 21 JLUR and 21 RAM-they work fine- did get some cube LED's and some KC additional lighting for the night drives through the trails and they work just fine. You will hear how bad they are and vice-versa; just know if you are in a snowy location you will have to scrap out the light area.

Elsinore73

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just food for thought, there are plenty of write ups about the LED icing over in northern climates as it is not heated. I didnā€™t go with LED for this reason alone as I live in the northeast. I agree the LED is much better 99% of the time but headlights icing over in a snow storm can make that 1% of the time rough. There are aftermarket heated LED options.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I am in a unique position where I have been able to use both on a new JL in the last year: (https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-buy-back-insurance.85915/page-2#post-1801706)

The first one came with halogen and I wanted to upgrade to LED. The guys at Northridge said that the best LED headlights by far are the ones from Mopar, but they are in serious short supply. I decided to go with the Oracle Bi LED's. The Oracles were a great upgrade from the halogen, but my new JL came with the Mopar LED's. The Northridge guys were right. They are a notable improvement from even the Oracles.

Sponsored

Socks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon Hardrock
Curious for those that have it, or tried both in similar night driving conditions: is the LED Lighting Group worth it on a Rubicon?

I see many that go aftermarket LED bulbs instead. $1500 isn't cheap, and I hear it might be a build constraint due to chip shortages... but that's hear-say.
Had them in my JK Rubicon and my Gladiator Mojave. I'll never have another vehicle without them.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
+1 for going with the LED package - I've had it on my last two JLUR's and would not go without.

One point - its not just the headlights - the LED package come with LED headlights, foglights, rear brake/turn lights, and the fender mounted indicators. I figure anything to make me more visible to the idiots traversing our roadways is a good thing, and that's on top of driving a Gecko green jeep!!

You'll find an honest politician before you replace all of those items with aftermarket LED for that price.

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
The Mopar LEDs are amazingly bright headlights, in my case too much so.

The halogens are minimum light producing, better for tight trails to maintain near field night vision.

Running Rigid aux driving lights produce way more light than OEM LED headlights and are SAE street legal in CA, no covers required.

So I can run dim or excessively bright as needed.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The LED package is well worth it to me. By far some of the best headlights I have ever had in any vehicle. I ordered it back in 2019 for my JLR. I ordered again for my 2022 JLR. I would order again tomorrow.

Any delay is possible today but my 2022 order was not delayed by adding the LED package.
Sponsored