LED Lighting Group — Material Restriction

SUP N

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I haven't heard back from the Regional Chrysler rep yet, but just got off chat. Amber said it's the LED group restriction still, but that it should be lifted SOON! Whatever "SOON" means? That's all I got.
What is your order date??
Sponsored

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)

NOVAJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WK2 Trailhawk and ordered 2018 JLUR
Ordered 2/13. Still in D status! :angry:
I ordered 3/10 with the premium top and LED. Went to D1 on the 19th. My build sheet appeared yesterday so that means I made it through inspection. I do not understand how yours is still in D since premium and LED were the only two delays I have heard of.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
From

Screenshot 66.png

Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Get out of my head!

Yes I thought the same thing but I am trying to rationalize a few things.

1. I think Jeep Chat is useless. From seeing so many different responses all over the place, I really do think they are just picking reasons to give and end the chat period. I do not put much stock into what they say.

2. I think there may be a material restriction on LEDs for all the new orders they are taking in. Those of us that ordered back in Jan / Feb up to mid March have them available for our builds.

3. I believe the hold up is due more to the color being Ocean Blue, Punk'n, and Sting Gray. Overall any dealership will tell you those colors sales are a much lower percentage. Most dealers do not even order those colors for their own stock. The majority of buyers prefer the neutral colors and those are the ones you see flying through.

I believe with the pattern we have been seeing the builds with these colors are going to start next week and the line will send a bunch down. In the past 1 to 2 weeks many of these color options have been moving to D1 and I do believe next week they are going to start moving down the line.
I really hope you are correct and no one gets held up in I limbo.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I really hope you are correct and no one gets held up in I limbo.
I have a friend that works for FCA and he said in the computer I am showing as D1 as of last week with a scheduled build date of 4/16. He told me this Monday and today he confirmed it has not changed.

I am on the spreadsheet tracker but I am not showing up as D1. I believe the system that the data for this spreadsheet is collected from is different from my friends. We have seen a lot of these late availability colors moving to D1 and I think some are already running down the line. I would not be surprised if yours is not already on the line or will be by next week.

:fingerscrossed:

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered 3/10 with the premium top and LED. Went to D1 on the 19th. My build sheet appeared yesterday so that means I made it through inspection. I do not understand how yours is still in D since premium and LED were the only two delays I have heard of.
Is yours a turbo?

BCJake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (On Order)
I ordered on 3/11. White JLUR with LED group. Just got my build sheet and sticker so either dodged the bullet on the LED shortage or it's no longer an issue.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Ordered 2/13. Still in D status! :angry:
Ha, me too! Ordered 2/13, still in D. I got the stock engine though. Between the LEDs, steel bumper, and premium soft top, I'd be happy to get it before June at this point.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2/13. Been in D status for over 50 days now. No explanation, other than they keep telling me it's the LED group. Meanwhile, everyone else's JLs are being built and getting delivered. Congrats to all you guys who are seeing progress and taking delivery. I give up!

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Welp.. my order moved backwards from D to C.

I’ve been calling around local dealers to find a similarly specced one and think I may have nabbed one in transit. Hopefully will have better luck with that.

k9chita

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Made it to "F" - Paint today! Hoping to have it for Memorial Day!:like:

GoldenSky

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JLU Rubicon 3.6
How many of you are Turbo orders & LED? Me, Chicago, Yldman, spf35, bbuck7777, Dr.McNinja, Kenny121, maybatch2000, Prevok, aug0211

Anyone else?

As of right now i know spf35 and myself are being built
Sponsored

Last edited: