First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
Definitely inconsistent on message and delivery. I ordered on 3/12 and in JB status as of 4/4. Fully loaded JLU Rubicon Granite including the dual tops and LED group.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Definitely inconsistent on message and delivery. I ordered on 3/12 and in JB status as of 4/4. Fully loaded JLU Rubicon Granite including the dual tops and LED group.
So weird. There are multiple people on here that have ordered later than me and have already been built. My order is identical to yours, the only thing I didn't get was the Smokers group and upgraded wheels heh. Not upset or anything, just strange watching other orders fly past me. My jeep is still sitting in buckets of parts strewn about the FCA factory.

JoeSchroe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited
Ordered 3/17, with LED. Was just informed today that all parts have been received and I am in D1.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
So weird. There are multiple people on here that have ordered later than me and have already been built. My order is identical to yours, the only thing I didn't get was the Smokers group and upgraded wheels heh. Not upset or anything, just strange watching other orders fly past me. My jeep is still sitting in buckets of parts strewn about the FCA factory.
That's does suck. It sounds like we got the same exact setup. Non-smoker and I'll buy my own wheels and tires to mod it. Maybe dealership? I purchased from a high volume dealer in Idaho.

Spf35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL 3.6
Same here...ordered 2/9/18 jlu sahara 2.0T. Still in D status for 41 days. They said LED Lighting Group is on a material restriction (parts not available).:(
Went to D1 today! All parts are in! :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So, I am running into a similar issue (LEDs short supply), and asked a very specific question, and thought I'd pass along the answer. See the transcript of my conversation below.

TL;DR - It seems D1 "All parts are in and entering build process very soon" doesn't really mean that.

chatEndUserMessage.png
Stephen Garrett: Initially you said that 'all parts were on hand and it should be entering the build process very soon' then when I asked about the escalation thing, you mentioned the :ED lighting group restriction...
chatEndUserMessage.png
Stephen Garrett: so are all the parts on hand or not?
chatEndUserMessage.png
Stephen Garrett: if there's an LED lighting group parts shortage, it would seem that not all the parts are on hand
chatAgent.png
Michael: The LED lighting group would not be available. The current status would be D1 so the base materials i.e the components needed to build the vehicle itself excluding options have been received.

He went on to say that the current ETA for LEDs is late April, early May.

A.B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
totalled 2007 JKU Sahara
Just ordered last week. Hope there's no delay on LED. After having to get out and light the candles on the front of my JK :cwl:, I'll wait for good lights!

BOONDOX 7.62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Sequoia Platinum(wife's whip), golf tdi(work car)02 Collector Edition T/A,340 CUDA
Occupation
BMWED
Talked to my salesman this afternoon. He informs that they had a meeting and that LED and steel bumpers shortages are pushing orders back 12 weeks possbly.
I was gonna pull the trigger and order one today.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Ordered my Rubi on March 6th (still no VIN) with the LED lighting group. Spoke to jeep chat today and they checked on a ticket that had been filled on Monday so they could check into my order further, and here is the response:

She couldn't say what exactly a material restriction was, but she did said that's it's not a delay. Perhaps an environmental issue or something? Frustrating..

Also she mentioned there is still a delay on premium soft tops from @BestopTeam :angry:

Hopes this helps folks looking for answers anyways.
I have had no problem very odd

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not cool.. @JeepCares can you look into this somehow? Would like know what exactly the 'material restriction' is and why my order is being held up, considering Namib here has his VIN and his order was placed after mine.
Called factory they said did not hear of this very odd number

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got off chat with Jeep. Ordered my OB JLUR 2.0T, soft top [2/13] still in D status. They told me the same thing, "LED light Group Restriction" (PARTS SHORTAGE) and check back in 2-3 weeks. Last week, it was the soft top. Now this. :no: Grrrr...:mad:
Ordered March 15 in D1 status

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think larger dealers and depending where in tve country you are depends on how fast

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I think larger dealers and depending where in tve country you are depends on how fast
The dealer younbuy from has no bearing on how quickly your Jeep is built. At all.

Ordering from a higher dealer/higher volume area can help with shipments if it means it is easier to get a full truck/rail car.

Nauti1313

First Name
Kit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon - Sting Grey
Occupation
Mortgage Underwriter
Ive been in D1 status for 3 weeks now. I was told I could be in D1 status for "up to" 30 days. I check back every 3-4 days. Its frustrating to hear that all the parts are in to start your build process "very soon" only to ask pointed questions and be told your dual top and now LED lights are waiting for the suppliers. So does anyone know...will they even begin to build our orders without these items in? If they wait until ALL options are received before building....doesn't that mean we fell back to D status?

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
Ive been in D1 status for 3 weeks now. I was told I could be in D1 status for "up to" 30 days. I check back every 3-4 days. Its frustrating to hear that all the parts are in to start your build process "very soon" only to ask pointed questions and be told your dual top and now LED lights are waiting for the suppliers. So does anyone know...will they even begin to build our orders without these items in? If they wait until ALL options are received before building....doesn't that mean we fell back to D status?
Don't feel bad Kit, you're not alone. I ordered mine on 2/13, and been stuck in D status for more than 45 days now. I don't believe anything they are telling us. Who knows what the heck is going on? I'm growing more impatient, especially when I see so many orders placed a month or more later flying past mine. It's terribly frustrating. I am seeing if my GM buddy at the dealer can find out anything. But, I doubt it. They keep the dealers in the dark too.
Sponsored