Sponsored

LED Lighting Group — Material Restriction

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Ordered my Rubi on March 6th (still no VIN) with the LED lighting group. Spoke to jeep chat today and they checked on a ticket that had been filled on Monday so they could check into my order further, and here is the response:

Our resources indicate that customers vehicle was ordered with the LED LIGHTING GROUP which is currently on a material restriction. At this time we have no ETA as to when vehicles ordered with the LED Lighting Group will begin production. We would encourage consumer to contact us back in late-April for an update.
She couldn't say what exactly a material restriction was, but she did said that's it's not a delay. Perhaps an environmental issue or something? Frustrating..

Also she mentioned there is still a delay on premium soft tops from @BestopTeam :angry:

Hopes this helps folks looking for answers anyways.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Ordered my Rubi on March 6th (still no VIN) with the LED lighting group. Spoke to jeep chat today and they checked on a ticket that had been filled on Monday so they could check into my order further, and here is the response:

She couldn't say what exactly a material restriction was, but she did said that's it's not a delay. Perhaps an environmental issue or something? Frustrating..

Or perhaps, they do not have enough supply for the demand. Crazy.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Seems strange - I ordered on March 22 with the LED group and already have a VIN...? I could still be delayed, but something does not add up for you not having the VIN. I've seen issues soft tops, dual tops and some colored hard tops, but this is the first on LEDs

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
So now soft tops AND LED lights are not available???

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems strange - I ordered on March 22 with the LED group and already have a VIN...? I could still be delayed, but something does not add up for you not having the VIN. I've seen issues soft tops, dual tops and some colored hard tops, but this is the first on LEDs
Not cool.. @JeepCares can you look into this somehow? Would like know what exactly the 'material restriction' is and why my order is being held up, considering Namib here has his VIN and his order was placed after mine.

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not cool.. @JeepCares can you look into this somehow? Would like know what exactly the 'material restriction' is and why my order is being held up, considering Namib here has his VIN and his order was placed after mine.
Oh no! Now they are going to take my LED lights and put it on your vehicle...:facepalm:

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got a VIN for sure. I'm not in a rush to get my vehicle, only digging so we can make this information public and get folks some answers. Longer the wait the more I can put on the down payment anyways, and save up more for mods.

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
The company I work for is a heavy consumer of automotive grade LED/electronic components. There has been a global shortage for the past 6 months (and the near foreseeable future). Basically, our supply chain is on allocation up to 3 months out. If Jeep greatly underestimated the demand for the LED package, this could be leading to a component shortage.

jtbolstad

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Placing order in January for Sahara JL - First time jeep owner
Glad you got a VIN for sure. I'm not in a rush to get my vehicle, only digging so we can make this information public and get folks some answers. Longer the wait the more I can put on the down payment anyways, and save up more for mods.

I had the LED group on my Sahara that I ordered in January. I received it March 1. There are very limited mods so if that is your main goal, it’s good your ok waiting. There is only the 2” Mopar lift available at this point and the shop that is going to lift my jeep has never had expierence w the Mopar loft, so we are waiting for more options - which is not 3rd world problems at any rate! However I’m excited for the lift, new tires and new wheels! Good luck and the wait is well worth it!

FloridaCowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Charger 2015 Dodge Challenger 2017 MX 5 RF
Occupation
Retired
I got the same reply from Jeep chat this afternoon about the LED light shortage.
I have been in D1/D/D1 for the last 57 days.
Always the same response from the chat folks, waiting to schedule your build as all the parts are here.
Ordered 1/26 probably take delivery July 5th
Ocean Sahara JLU
Black hardtop
I

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Damn by the time I order a mojito and JL, I'm going to miss the deadline and get forced to 2019s lol.

goracers

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
So now soft tops AND LED lights are not available???
Perhaps some hope for you. I have dual tops, moved to Swanton 2 days ago, and now back in Ottawa and in KZ. Perhaps they are moving now.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
I got these, love the LED lighting group but don't really understand why these were so expensive. Was it merely a supply driven cost?

Internal lighting is a mixed bag. The two dome lights are useless ... very dim. With black leather interior and turning up brightness to full... can't see anything. Doesn't seem like they cared.

Instrument panel light and uconnect screen are flawless. Footwell light is ok. Can't believe that on a $50k jeep I need to buy dome light bulbs!

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Perhaps some hope for you. I have dual tops, moved to Swanton 2 days ago, and now back in Ottawa and in KZ. Perhaps they are moving now.
Hmmmm.....latest update has mine now in Swanton as of today.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Ordered 3/3

Ocean blue JLUR
Led
Dual top
Painted fenders and hard top