LED Lighting Group — Material Restriction

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
So my dealer submitted a 'Vehicle Order Station Move Request', which apparently was approved, because I now have my VIN. Also attached was a screen shot and I could clearly see I was in stage 'C' and the request was to move to stage 'D'.

Perhaps things will start moving along now, we'll see.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
So my dealer submitted a 'Vehicle Order Station Move Request', which apparently was approved, because I now have my VIN. Also attached was a screen shot and I could clearly see I was in stage 'C' and the request was to move to stage 'D'.

Perhaps things will start moving along now, we'll see.
tumblr_op5sb2ayJN1qmob6ro1_400.gif

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Damn by the time I order a mojito and JL, I'm going to miss the deadline and get forced to 2019s lol.
I’ve been thinking same thing. I’m waiting to order a two-door Mojito

Yldman

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (FOR SALE!)
Just got off chat with Jeep. Ordered my OB JLUR 2.0T, soft top [2/13] still in D status. They told me the same thing, "LED light Group Restriction" (PARTS SHORTAGE) and check back in 2-3 weeks. Last week, it was the soft top. Now this. :no: Grrrr...:mad:

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Just got off chat with Jeep. Ordered my OB JLUR 2.0T, soft top [2/13] still in D status. They told me the same thing, "LED light Group Restriction" (PARTS SHORTAGE) and check back in 2-3 weeks. Last week, it was the soft top. Now this. :no: Grrrr...:mad:
The shitty part here is while my build was on hold due to the soft tops and painted hard top, how many black hard tops ordered after mine received LED’s? Those could have been my LED’s next thing you know the LED will come in and there is another shortage... ugh

Sponsored

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on March 13th and have the LED lighting group and mine has moved into E status and is being build.

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered on March 13th and have the LED lighting group and mine has moved into E status and is being build.
In what world were you able to order on 3/13 and have an ETA of 4/4, with the LED lighting package? They must have built your vehicle with halogens, and will install the LED lighting group via an OTA software update once it's available.

Hot damn FCA.

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In what world were you able to order on 3/13 and have an ETA of 4/4, with the LED lighting package? They must have built your vehicle with halogens, and will install the LED lighting group via an OTA software update once it's available.

Hot damn FCA.
Haha. The other possibility is that the LED material restriction is untrue or less of a thing than people think. From my understanding the only confirmation of an LED material restriction is from talking to Jeep Chat and for me at least they haven’t always been.... reliable in the accuracy of their information.

JoeSchroe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Unlimited
FWIW, I have asked about the LED Delays twice and have been told there is no such thing. Once I asked directly, and once I asked if there were any delays on parts that I ordered and they said only tops and turbos right now.

OP
OP

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, I have asked about the LED Delays twice and have been told there is no such thing. Once I asked directly, and once I asked if there were any delays on parts that I ordered and they said only tops and turbos right now.
It really depends on who you talk to since they do not communicate between themselves. I was told there was still a parts shortage on the LED package earlier this morning. I suppose we will never know the true answer.

Sponsored

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’m in KZ now with LED Lighting Group
Ordered 3/13

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Ordered 3/3. Full blue Rubi. Was on hold for colored hard top, now on hold for LED. Amber from Jeep chat confirmed the delay today. At 4 1/2,weeks. Still in D no ETA

Spf35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL 3.6
Same here...ordered 2/9/18 jlu sahara 2.0T. Still in D status for 41 days. They said LED Lighting Group is on a material restriction (parts not available).:(

yeoman18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On Order JLU Sahara GCM
Jeep Chat just told me the same thing (Been in D1 since 3/6) - "I do see here that you have the LED lighting group on your vehicle, it does have a material restriction on it, we are encouraging customers to check back in Mid April"....
So based on the way things go around here, my JLUS is likely sitting at the dealer...
Sponsored