Sponsored

LED Lighting Group — Material Restriction

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered loaded JLUR 4/25 with LED lighting group. Waiting, waiting, waiting for VIN. Got VIN early July. At the same time FCA modified my order and built it WITHOUT the LED lighting group!! (As per POC printed today - it's deleted from the POC!). It's in status I today. So I cancelled my order today. Thanks a lot FCA.

I'll try again in 2019, but have serious doubts about their ability to build a JL with the LED lighting group.
Sponsored

Nemesis17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ordered mine on May 30 but the restriction didn’t show up until July 16 and still in that status

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Ordered loaded JLUR 4/25 with LED lighting group. Waiting, waiting, waiting for VIN. Got VIN early July. At the same time FCA modified my order and built it WITHOUT the LED lighting group!! (As per POC printed today - it's deleted from the POC!). It's in status I today. So I cancelled my order today. Thanks a lot FCA.

I'll try again in 2019, but have serious doubts about their ability to build a JL with the LED lighting group.
How can they delete it? Your are special ordering to get exactly what you want!

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
How can they delete it? Your are special ordering to get exactly what you want!
My thoughts exactly. Now I'm thinking the dealer made the change to get the Jeep on their lot and then try to sell me aftermarket LEDs. No way Jose.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My thoughts exactly. Now I'm thinking the dealer made the change to get the Jeep on their lot and then try to sell me aftermarket LEDs. No way Jose.
Yeah something is shady, I was told since I ordered in time mine would be either a 2018 or if delayed could roll to a 2019 but would honor the price. 2 door manual with ledand several other goodies, no leather

Sponsored

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah something is shady, I was told since I ordered in time mine would be either a 2018 or if delayed could roll to a 2019 but would honor the price. 2 door manual with ledand several other goodies, no leather
I hope yours comes soon. Now we're changing up what we would select as options on a JLUR, including a different colour for a 2019 build. Still going with LED though. Going with a different dealer next time!

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Damn, I'm in the same stinking boat. I bought a Sahara with the LED group (cut a check and signed the papers) but then I was told that particular Jeep was not available..needless to say I started to lose my cool, then they told me I could have a similar Sahara on the lot that day without the LED's but they would make it right, order and install the package when it became available, "the end of April" That was April 2nd... I keep checking back, still waiting and absolutely no time frame when the LED's will be available... waiting on the headliner too... First year model problems

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Someone is jerking chains here. I ordered May 15th and got delivered July 10th my Rubicon with the LED lighting package with no problems at all. My dealer, who is a Wrangler guy, told me that the LED lighting is available on any sold order, just not on dealer stock orders. So that means your dealers are doing something weird and maybe not telling you all the truth.

UCF Knights

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey, MB C63 AMG, Range Rover Sport
I'm trying to order a fully loaded Rubicon but the dealer is telling me the system will not let them order the LED lighting package. Is it worth waiting to order a '19 (not interested in ACC)? Is an aftermarket option not viable for acceptable lighting?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I'm trying to order a fully loaded Rubicon but the dealer is telling me the system will not let them order the LED lighting package. Is it worth waiting to order a '19 (not interested in ACC)? Is an aftermarket option not viable for acceptable lighting?
You can get the mopar ones and have them installed, there are few goofy aftermarket ones that have bluetooth and want to be your friend on facebook

Sponsored

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone is jerking chains here. I ordered May 15th and got delivered July 10th my Rubicon with the LED lighting package with no problems at all. My dealer, who is a Wrangler guy, told me that the LED lighting is available on any sold order, just not on dealer stock orders. So that means your dealers are doing something weird and maybe not telling you all the truth.
What I think it is, the dealer is trying to buy it as stock and not putting it in as sold. I had one dealer could not get what I want went to another boom order placed!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
What I think it is, the dealer is trying to buy it as stock and not putting it in as sold. I had one dealer could not get what I want went to another boom order placed!
Yup fully agree. This whole LED light package shortage has no effect on a sold order, so get the dealer to input the order correctly and there will be zero issues. Some dealers are really stupid.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
If they have LED shortage then why do they force us to get LED group if we are getting the steel bumper group? Or is that because steel bumpers won’t fit regular lighting package?

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Just ordered today and dealer said the LED option was coming up restricted.