Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not just the LED headlights; you also get the LED turn signals, fog lights, taillights and, the best part... those pretty halos.

PS - the Safety Group includes the LED tail lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL LED Light option; worth it? 1600646309549
Sponsored

LT1Chevy210

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Ecodiesel, 2023 JL 2.0L, 2019 Duramax
My vote is it's worth it. My Jeep did not come with the LED package. As soon as I bought it, I ordered the Mopar LED headlights/fogs and found takeoff LED turn/DRLs. Also picked up a TAZER Mini. Made a major improvement in my opinion.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I dont have the LED's, but I did replace the original halogens with Philips 9008 H13 +100. They are extremely bright, and under $30. They are on sale now, for $17.80 for two, on Amazon, free shipping. I've had them for almost two years without a single issue. I've used these on other cars/trucks over the years. If one burns out, it is only a few dollars.
How much to replace an LED??
Halogen reflectors aren't meant for LED bulbs. The beam pattern won't really be optimal and the cutoff won't really be there either, even if you can adjust it so that it doesn't blind oncoming traffic. The factory LEDs won't (shouldn't) go out in any appreciable amount of time and if they do its covered under warranty.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I ordered the LED group on my 2021 build. To me it was money well spent because if I wanted to add aftermarket later it would have been a pita. I hate regretting stuff and would rather spend the money up front. Amortized over the life of the Jeep the cost is minimal imho

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
It appears that I am in the minority. My JLURD has the LED option. LED was a required option for the steel bumper package. I think they are too bright. I’m bright lighted quite frequently. Halogens are plenty bright, just a few years ago Halogens were the upgrade. Plus I think the color is better as well.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
It appears that I am in the minority. My JLURD has the LED option. LED was a required option for the steel bumper package. I think they are too bright. I’m bright lighted quite frequently. Halogens are plenty bright, just a few years ago Halogens were the upgrade. Plus I think the color is better as well.
All you need to do is adjust your head lights. You can do it with the factory Jeep tool kit.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the LED group on my 2021 build. To me it was money well spent because if I wanted to add aftermarket later it would have been a pita. I hate regretting stuff and would rather spend the money up front. Amortized over the life of the Jeep the cost is minimal imho
Yeah, I am the same way.

When I got my Sahara I wanted the LEDs; this one had everything I wanted except the LEDs and leather. It had the V6, the automatic, the Selec-Trac, the Cold Weather Group, the Safety Group, the Trailer Tow Group, the 8.4, the painted hardtop, the proximity locks; the color was right and the price was too good to pass up. So I got it.

Adding leather was relatively easy. But adding LEDs proved a lot of work, time and money.

The Safety Group includes the rear LEDs, so that was covered. The Mopar LED headlights alone were $800, incl. shipping. They were easy enough to swap. But the halos need a separate electric harness; I ended paying someone $200 to do that. Then I bought a Tazr Mini to activate the halos; another $300. That’s already $1,300, and I still have to do the turn signals and fog lights.

I am having a hard time paying $200-$400 for the LED turn signals, though. So I’m going to sit on that. And I plan to get the Mopar steel bumper at some point, which comes with the LED fogs.

So it can be done, but it is much easier, and cheaper, if it comes from the factory with the damn LEDs.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

The LED light group is by and far the best lights I’ve ever driven as an OEM light. You won’t regret it, and I’ve had everything from 6v sealed beams to the absolute crap halogens in the 2016 Cherokee KL. (WORST BEAM PATTERN EVER)

Some have complained about snow and the LEDS, but I’ve had to pull over and clean halogen and HID lamps too, and only had to do that once with the Wrangler’s LED package.

Add them to your build. You will need backup lamps, the rear lights don’t throw enough light.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MeekoDiesel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD Sting Gray , 1948 Willys CJ2A , 1976 Chevy C10 , 1998 Honda Civic
Occupation
Nuclear Operations Technician - Shearon Harris Nuclear Station
first post, first question.

i'll be having a Diesel Wrangler built for on & off pavement use, and am pondering the LED Lighting option.

would be curious to hear the experienced opinions as to whether or not they're worth it, if there are any problems with them, etc.

It should be standard on all Wranglers no matter the trim. They are better in every measurable way. Once you have LEDs on any car you will not want to go back.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Love them, get them unless you are planning on upgrading the stock and don't care about he fogs, turn signals, and rears.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Adjust them down....it’s easy.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have the LED lights and would purchase them again. I like the LED tail lights and halo lights also. They are vastly superior to the incandescents but are rated poorly by several testing agencies. Compared to my Tesla Model 3 they are indeed very weak. The Tesla’s are rated by these same agencies as excellent.

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
It should be standard on all Wranglers no matter the trim. They are better in every measurable way. Once you have LEDs on any car you will not want to go back.
Id have to disagree friend. This is the first vehicle with halogens I’ve had in over a decade and a half, and it was just about the only option i didn’t get. Almost killed the deal but didn’t. Looking back I’m glad I didn’t get the LEDs:

1) the halogens if aimed properly are fine
2) I can’t stand the look of the LED tail lights, standard is much more classic
3) bulbs are waaaaaaaay easier and cheaper to replace
4) honestly theyre almost too bright. It’s insane how blinding they are coming at you or from behind. Does every person with LEDs also have to use their fogs as well, even when it’s not foggy?
5) halogen melts snow and ice, LED not so much
6) $1000? Seems better spent elsewhere

I’ll admit the DRL fenders and halos look cool, but that’s about it for me. Again I’ve experienced the difference. It’s one of those opinions which we all have, no offense if you have the LEDs and like them great, but I for one (and judging by the responses I’m in the minority) am glad they were left off mine. Happy Jeeping! °IIIIIII°
Sponsored