First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
My 2021 JL has Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. When I am at the do it yourself car wash with shift lever in park, ignition off and fob in my pocket, I have noticed the LED headlights & tail lights flash sometimes. I notice it mostly when I spray the water on the the tailgate handle. It is like I am touching the handle with my hand but only the water spray is touching the handle. I am hoping this is normal for vehicles with proximity entry and is due to the water spray changing the capacitance of the door handle, causing the lights to cycle on until they time out.

Anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I would try leaving the keys in the car. I don't think you can lock the car with the keys inside and that should prevent it from thinking you are trying to get in

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
My 2020 Recon does the same. There's something to do with water hitting the proximity locks that sets it off. I've grown accustomed to it. I've had the same happen on other makes with proximity locks.

-Steven

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
My 2020 Recon does the same. There's something to do with water hitting the proximity locks that sets it off. I've grown accustomed to it. I've had the same happen on other makes with proximity locks.

-Steven
OK, thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one that noticed this. Sounds like it is normal for us with the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sponsored

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
Mine does that as well, it is normal my Ford Raptor did it and the dealer said that was normal for that so I figure it is the same for the Jeep.

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's normal. Happens on my JL and also happened on my Grand Cherokee when I was washing it.
Sponsored