DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That looks like a neat setup! It could probably be used to set up a headlight nozzle using the Aux switch!

I've also seen folks simply install longer hoses from the washer tank to the nozzles and they make a few wraps around the upper radiator hose. Once the coolant warms up, which is very rapidly, it gets the washer fluid coming out of the nozzles very hot. In fact, some have said it was so hot they had to reduce the number of times it coiled around the upper hose to cool it off a bit.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Interesting, but I'd not trust them. The site is unsecured, and the entire copy reads like a late-night infomercial.
A version of that was on my Chevy truck a dozen years ago. When I used the heated fluid, it cleaned bugs and dirt much better. I used it a couple times in snow/frost conditions and it instantly cleared the windshield. I know guys that are running the aftermarket Alpatherm heater. But, if that website bothers you, you can chose another brand. There are at least a couple others.

Also, you can make an adhoc heater with some copper tubing wrapped around one of the water hoses, which is how some European cars did it years ago.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

A version of that was on my Chevy truck a dozen years ago. When I used the heated fluid, it cleaned bugs and dirt much better. I used it a couple times in snow/frost conditions and it instantly cleared the windshield. I know guys that are running the aftermarket Alpatherm heater. But, if that website bothers you, you can chose another brand. There are at least a couple others.

Also, you can make an adhoc heater with some copper tubing wrapped around one of the water hoses, which is how some European cars did it years ago.
That's what I was saying. This particular website screams untrustworthy. There's no site encryption, etc. Seems most of the heaters for washer fluid are all the same unit, just different resellers. Unfortunately, the first few sites googled also suffer the same trustworthy aspects, and one redirects to the previous site. Still. I've been investigating the idea of headlight washers. I've not suffered the icing issues to any great extent and that's been through a couple of bad storms in the 2019 winter. I also stop and clean them off as needed of salt spray.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

The guys I've seen do it just use plain rubber tubing around the radiator hose. Maybe 8 or 10 wraps around it and the fluid gets plenty hot. Obviously the more wraps, the hotter. That's why some had to back it off from more wraps, as they were worried about shock heating the windshield and cracking it, although I'd bet that would be unlikely with automotive glass. But of course, copper would be even better. Probably 2 or 3 wraps would be enough.

Sponsored

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

BobWBristolRI

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC, 2017 JGC, 2020 Wr JL
Occupation
Hard. It’s Work, isn’t it?
Vehicle Showcase
Nice opportunity for an accessory maker to create simple, clear (or tinted) snap-in, flush mount headlight (recess) covers that (a) Fix this, and are (b) Easily and cheaply made. All JL/JT headlight cans are the same size, 3D printer guys, like other small run items? Ya, I expect flames from Jeep 'look' purists, as Capt. Obvious says "it's not a GC, so simply suffer and enjoy your Wrangler blisters." But for those of us in snowy climes or drive to ski a lot, the headlight coffee cans in snow are a PITA in a snowstorm, and potentially a safety hazard, depending. Snap-in, clear plastic headlight recess covers would be way cheaper and easier than any headlight 'heaters' or 'washers' n'est pas, mon ami? Regards, Bob W, Bristol RI (north enough - it snows )

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I saw one heated option from JW Speaker, but it threw off a lot less light, as I recall. I live in Calgary, where snow does tend to happen and I have not had that issue on my Oculus, so perhaps they do heat up more than I thought.
Sponsored