Sponsored

LED Headlight install on 2021 Sport Altitude

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude Edition
Wondering if I can install LED headlights on my 2021 sport altitude. I’ve heard that with the 2021s and up you can install without issue, but when I watch tutorials they say it will not work on the sport but don’t specify the year or if being an altitude matters. I know you can get the altitude from the factory with LEDs. Anyway I’m just seeking a little guidance before I start buying stuff.

thanks in advance
Sponsored

sailscall

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sport 6MT
Have you been to the Oracle lights website? Enter your JL year and model and they will tell you what LED headlight of theirs will work for you. DV8 and Rough Country make good LED headlights as well. If you’re lucky you can find some scratch and dent Rough Country’s on eBay.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you been to the Oracle lights website? Enter your JL year and model and they will tell you what LED headlight of theirs will work for you. DV8 and Rough Country make good LED headlights as well. If you’re lucky you can find some scratch and dent Rough Country’s on eBay.
I was looking at the DV8 ones. They look the most OEM. I’m okay with spending some money I just want to make sure it I get the right thing lol

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Wondering if I can install LED headlights on my 2021 sport altitude. I’ve heard that with the 2021s and up you can install without issue, but when I watch tutorials they say it will not work on the sport but don’t specify the year or if being an altitude matters. I know you can get the altitude from the factory with LEDs. Anyway I’m just seeking a little guidance before I start buying stuff.

thanks in advance

I was looking at the DV8 ones. They look the most OEM. I’m okay with spending some money I just want to make sure it I get the right thing lol
What tutorials? Aftermarket LED headlights are specifically designed to replace the OEM halogen headlights. That's the whole point of them being produced and sold. I have a 2020 Sport Altitude with Oracle LED headlights. Before the Oracle lights I had a set from Amazon and before that I was using LED bulbs in the OEM halogen headlights. A Sport Altitude is nothing more than a Sport S with blacked out trim and black 18" Sahara wheels. The DV8 headlights will work without issue.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What tutorials? Aftermarket LED headlights are specifically designed to replace the OEM halogen headlights. That's the whole point of them being produced and sold. I have a 2020 Sport Altitude with Oracle LED headlights. Before the Oracle lights I had a set from Amazon and before that I was using LED bulbs in the OEM halogen headlights. A Sport Altitude is nothing more than a Sport S with blacked out trim and black 18" Sahara wheels. The DV8 headlights will work without issue.
I watched an extreme terrain video and. The first thing they said was it wouldn’t work on “ base sport models “ I figured it was a wiring thing.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I watched an extreme terrain video and. The first thing they said was it wouldn’t work on “ base sport models “ I figured it was a wiring thing.
Please share a link to the video. A base Sport is not a Sport S/Sport Altitude. Either way, there's no reason why a set of aftermarket LED headlights, meant to replace the OEM halogen headlights, shouldn't work.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please share a link to the video. A base Sport is not a Sport S/Sport Altitude. Either way, there's no reason why a set of aftermarket LED headlights, meant to replace the OEM halogen headlights, shouldn't work.
I cant find the video for the life of me lol. What prompted this question was a trip to the dealer service center and they said it was not possible. Maybe I was watching a video about OEM led headlights.

I watched the video about a year ago and gave up on it but cant stand the halogens and figured someone here would have a solution.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I've put the Oracle headlights in a 2020 base Sport and the OEM LED headlights in a 2021 80th Anniversary (based off the Sport S). I enabled the halos with a Tazer.

First you have to decide which headlights you want to go with.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've put the Oracle headlights in a 2020 base Sport and the OEM LED headlights in a 2021 80th Anniversary (based off the Sport S). I enabled the halos with a Tazer.

First you have to decide which headlights you want to go with.
Are the OEMs on the 2021 plug and play aside from needing the tazer?

manapiko

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Our Sahara did not come with the LED package. We ordered oracle lights meant for our rig and no programming or anything else was needed. Straight plug and play. Halos work with daytime running lights.

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our Sahara did not come with the LED package. We ordered oracle lights meant for our rig and no programming or anything else was needed. Straight plug and play. Halos work with daytime running lights.
Do you have a link or photo or them?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What prompted this question was a trip to the dealer service center and they said it was not possible. Maybe I was watching a video about OEM led headlights.
Most dealerships don't know anything when it comes to adding things that are not stock.

Are the OEMs on the 2021 plug and play aside from needing the tazer?
If you are referring to the OEM LED headlights, then yes. It is my understanding that the wiring is in place for the halos and a flash is all that is needed to activate.

Do you have a link or photo or them?
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oculus-bi-led

You will need to tap into the fuse box for the halos. You need a circuit that is on with the ignition. Instructions are provided with the headlights and there are multiple videos showing what to do.

The tazer seems like a fun little device maybe I’ll grab one
100% worth the money.

OP
OP

SASQUATCH3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most dealerships don't know anything when it comes to adding things that are not stock.

If you are referring to the OEM LED headlights, then yes. It is my understanding that the wiring is in place for the halos and a flash is all that is needed to activate.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oculus-bi-led

You will need to tap into the fuse box for the halos. You need a circuit that is on with the ignition. Instructions are provided with the headlights and there are multiple videos showing what to do.

100% worth the money.
I feel like the dealers are missing out on some profit. If he said they could do it I probably would have just had them do it and called it a day lol

thanks for the link! Thins was helpful I love this community
Sponsored