swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen anyone bring up ways to dim the LED headlights if it's possible. I haven't worked with LED lights before so I'm sure it's not just a matter of adding a power resistor like with halogens. Anyone have any ideas on doing this? I'd love a 2-3 stage with a "city mode" because there are a lot of situations (car in front of me at stoplight, drive through, or pulling up to a gas station with someone sitting down at headlight level, parking garages) where I can see my headlights blasting them in face and I'm seeing more and more posts on car forums where people are complaining about the brightness of LEDs almost causing unsafe driving conditions.

I usually just turn down to running lights in these situations but it'd be great if I could also just set different levels of brightness. Hell, there's times where I almost blind myself with them, say a big white truck in front of me at a light, it reflects off the tailgate right back at me.

And no my high beams aren't on ;)
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Following. Dunno how they’re even D.O.T. approved. I love the view from the driver’s seat, but I get flashed often enough to realize I’m seen as a menace. I aimed them down, a bit, but when I aimed them low enough to stop all the flashing (1.5 turns) they were just too low for me to see far enough in the distance. I settled on 1 turn. Now I just get flashed on uneven ground, like when cresting a hill. Love the idea to dim them when in high traffic and well lit areas.

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
I'm getting high-beamed constantly! It's getting so bad that I drive at night with my hand ready to flick my high beams back quick just to show them they are not on high beams :swear:

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I'm getting high-beamed constantly! It's getting so bad that I drive at night with my hand ready to flick my high beams back quick just to show them they are not on high beams :swear:
Just aim them down a bit. Takes a screw driver and about 30 seconds. Properly aimed you’ll never get flashed. Haven’t been flashed once and I have a lift because I adjusted them.

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I relocated last year to Phoenix from Phila. I love it here... That said, the drivers here are assholes, mostly. So I can give two shits about my headlights. In fact, I consider it payback from dealing with assholes that piss me off. If anything, I'd like them to burn even brighter! But hey, did I mention I love the west? lol

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
Just aim them down a bit. Takes a screw driver and about 30 seconds. Properly aimed you’ll never get flashed. Haven’t been flashed once and I have a lift because I adjusted them.
Found the video last night and aimed them down a bit. Thanks

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I relocated last year to Phoenix from Phila. I love it here... That said, the drivers here are assholes, mostly. So I can give two shits about my headlights. In fact, I consider it payback from dealing with assholes that piss me off. If anything, I'd like them to burn even brighter! But hey, did I mention I love the west? lol
Welcome. Yes, drivers here do suck. God forbid there’s a small fender-bender, the whole street gets shut down. Or worse, drivers that get stuck in flooded streets during the monsoon.