Sponsored

LED headlamps stolen.

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I worked in Prison for almost 30 years. Everything from minimum security to Super Max and was a Shift commander for 20 years. What I say is true. Sex offenders in general are very quiet and stay to themselves. When you are a convict and work in prison and make .72 cents a day and someone steals your food or TV, that's what starts fights, and get people stabbed.

The last prison I worked at 60% of the population was sex offenders. They would sit on the yard and talk to each other about their crimes like it was no big deal. Prison is not like the movies where Bubba is going to be their bunkie. There are not enough Bubbas to make that happen and Sex offenders and still men and still fight like men.
Here in SoCal it is the pedophiles and sex offenders that now outnumber Gen Pop and run the yard. I was shocked but unfortunately my idiot brother in law in in there now and that is what he told me. Old School gang member on his second stint for stupidity.

Very sad for the owner of the LEDs and now days even if you catch the person they will most likely sue you because they were injured while stealing your property. Here in Cali they don't really prosecute for larceny. Heck the DA in San Francisco just said he would not prosecute anyone for urinating in public. In LA they do everything in the streets and the aroma is bad. Good thing we just had some rain to wash the sidewalks
Sponsored

tearacks

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So there must be a JL out there w/ the tail-lights ripped off too. Sadness.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
So you are one of "those" people that put LED bulbs in a Halogen housing and blind everyone... Thanks... :headbang::headbang::headbang:
Here we go again, science please....or are you just parroting what someone else said?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep I am one of those people that rather spend $35 on LED bulbs than $900 for the about the same effect.

I am also a long time Jeep owner and always adjust my headlights properly after purchase, after lift, after new wheels and tires and after bulb replacement.
You should be president of your "headlights are blinding me club" to make that kind of general statement about somebody you never met.
ummm, $900 for LED’s? You should be president of the exaggeration due to ignorance club... I paid $300 for my 9” LED’s

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
So there must be a JL out there w/ the tail-lights ripped off too. Sadness.
The rear ones are super easy to steal. There is one plastic break away nut that holds them on and they are made to break away instead of breaking the housing. You can literally grab them and yank them off and then unplug the wiring harness.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go again, science please....or are you just parroting what someone else said?
it’s called years of driving at night and experiencing it first hand...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I love LED lights on my vehicle. Not so much on everyone else's vehicle.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a dick, but I have a problem with this statement. Pretty amazing that you can immediately tell when you meet another vehicle whether or not they have put LEDs in halogen housings????

There is another thread ongoing where a lot of JL owners seem to have headlights set too high from the factory, mine were. I adjusted them properly.

As for the LEDs - they throw the same cutoff as the halogen bulbs, I have tested at night both meeting and being followed by my Jeep. I wasn't blinded and didn't have any otherwordly experiences because of "scattered" light. I compared the LEDs to the halogen bulbs and the hi/lo chips are placed in the same spot relative the halogen filaments, soooooo they cast light at the same reflectors with the same angles. When I am following other cars, I don't light up their interior, can tell a definite cutoff just below the top of the trunk for most cars, and have NEVER been flashed.
Now playing devils advocate, I can see where just a standard LED bulb would reflect all over the place, maybe that's what your experience it based on. But mine are designed specifically to mimic the halogen filaments and perform well. If you have other scientific evidence that LED light travels in different planes than standard filament produced light, please share.
Just MHO.

Sorry for the hijack - makes me absolutely livid to see someone destroy someone else's property to steal.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love LED lights on my vehicle. Not so much on everyone else's vehicle.
I don’t mind them if they aren’t blinding me. In the mountains where I live, if they are pointing incorrectly, they can cause wrecks in the curves...

Last edited:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a dick, but I have a problem with this statement. Pretty amazing that you can immediately tell when you meet another vehicle whether or not they have put LEDs in halogen housings????

There is another thread ongoing where a lot of JL owners seem to have headlights set too high from the factory, mine were. I adjusted them properly.

As for the LEDs - they throw the same cutoff as the halogen bulbs, I have tested at night both meeting and being followed by my Jeep. I wasn't blinded and didn't have any otherwordly experiences because of "scattered" light. I compared the LEDs to the halogen bulbs and the hi/lo chips are placed in the same spot relative the halogen filaments, soooooo they cast light at the same reflectors with the same angles. When I am following other cars, I don't light up their interior, can tell a definite cutoff just below the top of the trunk for most cars, and have NEVER been flashed.
Now playing devils advocate, I can see where just a standard LED bulb would reflect all over the place, maybe that's what your experience it based on. But mine are designed specifically to mimic the halogen filaments and perform well. If you have other scientific evidence that LED light travels in different planes than standard filament produced light, please share.
Just MHO.

Sorry for the hijack - makes me absolutely livid to see someone destroy someone else's property to steal.
I had the halogens on my Jeep, there was no hard cutoff... I replaced them with the Kiwi 9” LED lights that have a hard cutoff line.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I had the halogens on my Jeep, there was no hard cutoff... I replaced them with the Kiwi 9” LED lights that have a hard cutoff line.
Are those kiwis still going strong? I'm seriously considering those in the future:like:

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are those kiwis still going strong? I'm seriously considering those in the future:like:
so far so good, been in about 6 weeks now. :)

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Let's hope led prices drop and we see them more on the road.
I am in nyc too, running front and rear dash-cam blackvue. At-least if this happens, I can potentially see who. Not that NYPD will arrest anyone for crimes like these.

Needraggr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude, Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Also a Beamtech user with LED fog bulbs as well. Cut-off line is a little cleaner then the halogens as no light comes off the top of the bulb.

Also you can open the hood all day with the rig locked with no alarm.

Still feel bad for SpongeBob and the guy that got their eyes gouged out. That's never right.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Also a Beamtech user with LED fog bulbs as well. Cut-off line is a little cleaner then the halogens as no light comes off the top of the bulb.

Also you can open the hood all day with the rig locked with no alarm.

Still feel bad for SpongeBob and the guy that got their eyes gouged out. That's never right.

If the doors are locked the alarm goes off when the hood is opened.
Sponsored