LED Fog light out in less than a year.

Joet13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I have a 2021 JLU Rubicon with LED upgrade and had the driver side fog / road light go out after only 9 months.
Anyone else have issues with the LEDs?
Also, I have added Fender marker/ turn signal lights to replace that plastic piece behind front tires, should that affect warranty replacement?
Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
just take it to the dealer and tell them your fog light went out and get it replaced. if you haven't tapped into the fog light wiring they shouldn't give you any problems. if they do, take it to another dealer.

if the second dealer gives you problems, just pick up a takeoff set. they're sold all the time here.

OP
OP

Joet13

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
just take it to the dealer and tell them your fog light went out and get it replaced. if you haven't tapped into the fog light wiring they shouldn't give you any problems. if they do, take it to another dealer.

if the second dealer gives you problems, just pick up a takeoff set. they're sold all the time here.
The lady I talked to in service said they are like $700!!!! Is that ridiculous or what!

ML7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The lady I talked to in service said they are like $700!!!! Is that ridiculous or what!
I have 2 of them in my garage, upgraded to the Rigid Ambers, if you have to pay for it I would give one or both to you for a lot less than that, keep it in mind less than 5k mi when I replaced them.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Doesn’t matter what “the lady” said, they’re a warranty item.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
As mwilk012 stated, its a warranty item.

But if you were wanting to put some high powered driving lights on it, this is an opportunity.

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Lighting-Kits.asp

i installed the Baja Designs Squadron Pro wide/spot combo lights in the fog light pockets, using the OE fog light wiring and switch. I'll probably move it to a separaty circuit with a relay off the high beams.
Sponsored