Sponsored

LED Fender lights, what are all the extra wires for??

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm in the process of doing a @Artec fender chop on my JL with the LED package. I decided to check all the wires with a test light, and it seems that only 3 of the 5 wires in the harness actually do anything. There is a White wire with brown stripe that appears to go to the running lights and the side markers, then the white with green stripe to the blinkers, and the black to ground. I have tried multiple different configurations(Lights on/off, ignition on/off) with no success in figuring out what the other wires are for(Yellow w/brown stripe, and white/yellow stripe.)

Has anyone figured out what all the wires are for? I will play around with it some more tomorrow, but if anyone has any answers before then it would be great!

Thanks in advance :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
TTEChris

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Same boat here.....just found your thread after asking the same thing. All I wanted were turns....and they work fine, but I'd still like to know. May be Artec can tell us?
With my Tazer I switched to the halogen turn signals. I just need to find the time to install the resistors I purchased. Like you mention they work fine, just the annoyance of the fast blink and the initial warning on the dash.

Conejoracer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The bracket holds the flare quite well, it is not floppy.
I’m still sorting out the wiring to eliminate the hyper flash and light out warning at start up.
From what I’ve observed, the connector to each fender light assembly has 6 wires.
2 white/brown for the front marker lights, the corner being amber and the front being white.
1 white/green for turn signals
1 white/yellow for DRL
1 yellow/brown for ???
2 black for grounds

The DRL’s only come on when in gear, so they are not powered when the engine is running in park.
I’m going to try tying both of the white/brown wires together to see if that removes the light out warning. I disabled the DRL’s in the dash settings.
Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

twmartin

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So I'm in the process of doing a @Artec fender chop on my JL with the LED package. I decided to check all the wires with a test light, and it seems that only 3 of the 5 wires in the harness actually do anything. There is a White wire with brown stripe that appears to go to the running lights and the side markers, then the white with green stripe to the blinkers, and the black to ground. I have tried multiple different configurations(Lights on/off, ignition on/off) with no success in figuring out what the other wires are for(Yellow w/brown stripe, and white/yellow stripe.)

Has anyone figured out what all the wires are for? I will play around with it some more tomorrow, but if anyone has any answers before then it would be great!

Thanks in advance :beer:
I’m curious, has anyone tried the emergency lights? I’m wondering if that might be one o

Sponsored

Conejoracer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don’t have my stock parts any longer, maybe someone can test the bg/bn fault sense wire voltage?
If the fault sense wire can be supplied with the proper voltage, it may fix this issue.

Coastalkid

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Diesel
Jeep Wrangler JL LED Fender lights, what are all the extra wires for?? C9C33334-8617-43F3-B8D1-A639D83A5AF5
Replaced my led fenders with Westin fenders which had a two wire side light and and three wire blinker light using the attached info. Works as indicated. Hyper flash and lights out display. I did talk to someone at diode dynamics they said to experiment with a resistor. I don’t like to experiment with wires though. Anyone have any luck with clearing the hyper flash and lights out display?
Sponsored