TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Yeah I did mine without removing the fenders. Both ways are a major PITA, so I chose the one that should result in less broken clips needing to be replaced.
Sponsored

ZombieMojitoJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Saraha
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased OEM DRL lights for my none LED JLU Sahara 2019. I’ve tested them by connecting it to the cord with the halogens connect to and know they work. I am however having huge trouble removing the halogen DRL. I remove the fender cover and remove some bolts and clips but then I have a cover towards the bottom of the light that’s supposed to be loose but refuses to come off. I’ve circled the part I’m having issues with in the picture. I’ve looked for install guide but can’t find it anywhere. Have looked at YouTube videos but they never show the part where you remove this piece. Does anyone in the forum know how to proceed?
Thanks!!

7573FF92-F38D-4E57-B3B7-E83402B3B2E1.jpeg
I just did mine, it was a "learning experience" the left side we did first and it took awhile, the right side we got done in about 1 hour. Of note, I had to download a firmware update for my Superchips FlashCal F5 as when I went to go flash the ECU there wasn't an option for me to change the DRLs from Halogen to LED. Upon updating the firmware it was an added feature. I am very happy and the Mopar Factory LED DRLs are BRIGHT! I got them used for $150 for the set too :)

IMG_8816.jpg