Sponsored

LED Delay

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
I just got off a call with the fine people in Jeep customer service. I recently ordered a JLUR and was curious about current known production delays. I have my VIN and VON, and have been in the scheduling stage. I asked how long I would be there, and got an answer of 1-8 weeks. When I asked the reason for the wide range, they gave me a non answer of “there are many factors”.

I figured it was a dead end, so I asked are there any known delays at this time. I was told “I see you have the LED package ordered. It is delayed”. I asked for an estimate and was told at least a month.

I guess the bottom line is it gets here when it gets here. I wish they would have stream lined the process a little more, but can’t really change that now. Anyone else who has the LED package, I would assume you will also be delayed a month at this point. Waiting is torture but from what I read, it’s well worth the wait. Here’s to hoping it is a short wait time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TrassaE95

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
I got my VON about 10 days ago and VIN a few days later. I am not even in D yet. I know it’s early, but can’t help but follow up as much as I can.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Last week, they told me the soft tops were delayed and my build wouldn't start until mid-May. Then 2 days later, it went from D to D1 so obviously the delay due to soft tops was BS. Then I tried and called again, this time they said it was something completely different on back order. I think they pull the info out of thin air or have dice that has "LEDs", "Steel Bumpers", "Soft Top", etc. and just roll it for the next call. I would suggest that you ask your dealer to contact their FCA rep for the *real* status of any delays.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
I went to D1 today with an LED optioned build.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which model, 2 or 4 door, turbo or V6?
It's a 2 door V6 AT and D1 status was confirmed in a printout of my POC as opposed to a verbal communication from a salesperson or Jeep Chat.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did you get your VON and VIN?
The VIN and VON were assigned way back on January 13. However, the LED's were not part of the original order and were added at my request and accepted as an amendment on March 16.

If you're not aware, the start of 2dr production was delayed until today so hence the long wait after being assigned a VIN. The very first 2dr JLs of the 2018 model year should be rolling through the assembly line as I write.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Last week, they told me the soft tops were delayed and my build wouldn't start until mid-May. Then 2 days later, it went from D to D1 so obviously the delay due to soft tops was BS. Then I tried and called again, this time they said it was something completely different on back order. I think they pull the info out of thin air or have dice that has "LEDs", "Steel Bumpers", "Soft Top", etc. and just roll it for the next call. I would suggest that you ask your dealer to contact their FCA rep for the *real* status of any delays.
I often wonder if the reps are b-essing just as bad as Jeep Chat or Jeep Cares. They could also be kept in the dark with little info being forwarded to them from FCA.

Sponsored

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I just got off a call with the fine people in Jeep customer service. I recently ordered a JLUR and was curious about current known production delays. I have my VIN and VON, and have been in the scheduling stage. I asked how long I would be there, and got an answer of 1-8 weeks. When I asked the reason for the wide range, they gave me a non answer of “there are many factors”.

I figured it was a dead end, so I asked are there any known delays at this time. I was told “I see you have the LED package ordered. It is delayed”. I asked for an estimate and was told at least a month.

I guess the bottom line is it gets here when it gets here. I wish they would have stream lined the process a little more, but can’t really change that now. Anyone else who has the LED package, I would assume you will also be delayed a month at this point. Waiting is torture but from what I read, it’s well worth the wait. Here’s to hoping it is a short wait time.
So they told you 1-8 weeks.... Yet LEDs are delayed a month?

OP
OP
TrassaE95

TrassaE95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Porsche Macan
So they told you 1-8 weeks.... Yet LEDs are delayed a month?
1-8 weeks to sit in "Scheduling" stage. Apparently, all this means is that they got my order, and it has been assigned a VIN. I will continue to ask them about it, and will probably follow up with Koons to see if they know anything about it. My salesperson said that it was taking about 5 weeks on average from order to delivery, but who knows. One option could delay you by months.

I thought I ordered a pretty standard order (no special color), but I guess there is no such thing as a standard order. I think that is more on me for thinking in this manor than anything else. If it was standard, I could have found one on the lot. Ironically, the standard transmission isn't so standard anymore. :movember:
Sponsored