Sponsored

LED bulb swap, Tazer programmed, still have 4 turn signal out warnings.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
I just upgraded my Tazer JL lite to a Tazer JL mini in order to add LED light bulbs to my 2018 JL Sport S. I replaced all the bulbs (front turn, rear turn/stop, reverse, and headlight, as well as removed the 3rd brake and installed a led light ring in the wheel) and programmed via the Tazer for LEDs for all lights. My DRL is off and so is Halo. I now have all 4 turns showing out in my dash and I get the hyper flash on the dash. I have tried a full reboot as well as turning the ignition off, waiting a while, and checking again. I also tried clearing the CELs with Tazer, but they still show to be out as soon as I turn the ignition on.

Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I was wondering the same thing. I want to order the bulbs but not install resistors. @GlitteryPonies tried it tried it with the Tazer Mini and still warnings and hyperflashing. I would like to find out what the deal is.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What bulbs did you install? Are you sure they’re working properly?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I also would like to start doing LED bulb swaps but don’t want to add resistors, I have a Tazer running 11.06

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried this with diode dipynamic LEDS ?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Has anyone tried this with diode dipynamic LEDS ?
Yes, I have the DD XP80 front and rear turn signals, reverse lamps, and DRL's. The DRL's do not work properly, the other lights are great; nice and bright, solid construction. Their warranty service is excellent as well, but the issue with the XP80 DRL's is something canbus related I'm sure.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm using 3/4 LED marker lamps and get the warning as well. Is there any way to get rid of the warning completely? I'm using the Tazer Mini on latest firmware

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
All of my LED bulb-swaps (bought off ebay and amazon) worked without any issues, I did not even have to use resistors of any kind, I didn't even bother flashing with my Flashcal even though I bought it for this very reason, no flickers, no warnings.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
I am having this exact same issue. Replaced my rear tail lights with LED bulbs and get the hyperflash on the cluster and blub out warnings. I've done the LED settings change and the full reboot with two sleep cycles, twice now. Even went back to non LED settings and back again. No matter what I do it says bulb out. Ideas?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I am having this exact same issue. Replaced my rear tail lights with LED bulbs and get the hyperflash on the cluster and blub out warnings. I've done the LED settings change and the full reboot with two sleep cycles, twice now. Even went back to non LED settings and back again. No matter what I do it says bulb out. Ideas?
Are you sure they are working?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Which bulbs did you use?
Also, which settings did you change?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Replaced my rear tail lights with LED bulbs and get the hyperflash on the cluster and blub out warnings.

I've done the LED settings change and the full reboot with two sleep cycles, twice now. Even went back to non LED settings and back again.

No matter what I do it says bulb out. Ideas?
I made a point of purchasing CANBUS-compatible LED bulbs when replacing the factory incandescent brake/tail and reverse lights. Both were plug-and-play installations and both work without issue.

I don't use a Tazer device in my JLU. Perhaps that's something to do with it.

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Which bulbs did you use?
Also, which settings did you change?
I am using the Diode Dynamics rear LEDs. I changed the setting for LEDtails via the Tazer.

Link to LEDs

I fully unmarried the Tazer, did two sleep cycles, remarried it, enabled LED taillights, did three 5 minute sleep cycles, ran each turn signal for 20 seconds, did another 5 min sleep cycle, ran the turn signals for another 20 seconds.

No change, still shows bulb out warning.
Sponsored