Leather or Cloth Seats

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
I don't know why this is a debate. Leather will last longer than cloth, and if you have an accidental spill, the seats won't "soak it up", you can just wipe it off. If heat is an issue in the summer, then put on seat covers. You always have the options to take them off later if you want and have your pristine leather underneath.
I've had plenty of leather seats wear out/fail in a short period of time...including a brand new range rover that had the drivers seat leather absorb the denim in my jeans that weren't new or wet jeans by any means... point being, leather seats can fail pretty quick too.

I also prefer cloth (bought my JL sahara with cloth) because I'm over the summer days of jumping into any of my jeeps that had leather and getting 6th degree burns on the back of your legs or lower back if your shirt rides up just a bit when you hop in... and yep you heard it right... 6th degree. At least feels that way...charred straight to the bone lol
Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
HUH? My leather on my bmw was cracking in 3 years, lol.

There are other threads where people have been having wrinkles in ther brand new leather already. The leather that comes with the jeep arent as the highest quality. Now, in talking the katzkin leather is a different story.

Not only the hotness of it, you have to care so much more for it than cloth such as conditioner and such.

Just my 2 cents.
Yes, condition the leather on occasion. Twice a year at fifteen minutes each time.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Sponsored

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
I've had leather seats on many vehicles in a row, until this one. After checking out the leather and cloth options in the JLs, I'm very happy with the cloth choice this time around.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
The cloth in the Rubicon is so good, I consider it an upgrade from leather. That’s the way I ordered it, and I couldn’t be happier with the decision. Another thing to note with leather, would be the rapid wear and tear with the way you’re forced to get into and out of the wrangler. You cannot avoid rubbing the side bolsters, which will end up with the chewed up leather look in no time. My cloth still looks brand new after over 5000 miles

Thrive

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango R/T, 2007 Mercedes R63 AMG
I had leather on my 2015 JK Sahara and did not want leather again. They get too hot and after 3 years started cracking (even with leather conditioner applied regularly). Also why would anyone get leather then cover them with seat covers? That makes no sense,
EXACTLY. Had leather on JKUR and, while nice, was hot as hell with top down, dried out slower, and COST more then cloth. Would never do that again in a Jeep. If I get a luxury car that is closed up absolutely 100% leather only.

Jeep with its top and doors off, which is really the point of getting a Jeep, should be fabric. Leather at an extra cost and quality seat covers at another exorbitant cost is a whole lot of money to spend to make your fancy leather seats fabric again.

Sponsored

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
The cloth in the Rubicon is so good, I consider it an upgrade from leather. That’s the way I ordered it, and I couldn’t be happier with the decision. Another thing to note with leather, would be the rapid wear and tear with the way you’re forced to get into and out of the wrangler. You cannot avoid rubbing the side bolsters, which will end up with the chewed up leather look in no time. My cloth still looks brand new after over 5000 miles
The wear will begin to show at the point the stitching for the top of seat meets the side of the seat.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Putting covers on to protect from weather and 2 Boxers/kids...

Normally I get leather, on the Wrangler 25k option fiesta I voted no, lol