First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I sent my console lid to leatherseats.com for installation of a wireless phone charger. They also installed a matching black leather cover with matching red stitching and red charging pad surround. The armrest / console lid looks great. For hard wiring the charger, they included a 12v - 5v USB power supply (made from a cigar lighter plug which was kind of jankey) but the power supply was defective. To remedy this I purchased this USB power supply from Amazon: USB Power Supply

I spliced into the +12v power window circuit at the rear of the console using a 7.5 A fuse. This circuit is hot in "Accessory" and "Run". I DID NOT use the provided 3M Scotchloks. As an engineer, these splice devices make me cringe.

The charging pad also provides a place to lay my phone when I am driving the Jeep. Since the pad is recessed in the armrest, the phone stays in place while driving and the wireless charger keeps the phone charged.

Jeep Wrangler JL Leather Console Lid with Wireless Charger Installed Charger
Sponsored

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I sent my console lid to leatherseats.com for installation of a wireless phone charger. They also installed a matching black leather cover with matching red stitching and red charging pad surround. The armrest / console lid looks great. For hard wiring the charger, they included a 12v - 5v USB power supply (made from a cigar lighter plug which was kind of jankey) but the power supply was defective. To remedy this I purchased this USB power supply from Amazon: USB Power Supply

I spliced into the +12v power window circuit at the rear of the console using a 7.5 A fuse. This circuit is hot in "Accessory" and "Run". I DID NOT use the provided 3M Scotchloks. As an engineer, these splice devices make me cringe.

The charging pad also provides a place to lay my phone when I am driving the Jeep. Since the pad is recessed in the armrest, the phone stays in place while driving and the wireless charger keeps the phone charged.

Jeep Wrangler JL Leather Console Lid with Wireless Charger Installed Charger
WOW that is bad ass!!

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Dude that’s awesome. I know what I’m ordering next.

Sponsored

LBSRACING

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
That is awesome! Definitely adding this to my list of must haves.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Black leather, red trim & red stitching. Large size pad for S20 Plus.

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I also went this route and so far so good. The hardest part was going without a center console for a few weeks. Did not know how much I used it until it was gone. lol

How was your craftmanship on yours? Mine was 4 out of 5 but I am really picky when it comes to my Jeep.. The seems by the latch where not quite the same height and although the drill holes get covered up they were a mess.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
This here's a high quality item, if you don't mind me asking Clark, how much did that set you back?

Sponsored

HempelNet

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon XR (Crystal Granite)
Occupation
Sr. Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
About $350 Eddie ;)

This combined with a quality Wireless Carplay module rocks..

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I also went this route and so far so good. The hardest part was going without a center console for a few weeks. Did not know how much I used it until it was gone. lol

How was your craftmanship on yours? Mine was 4 out of 5 but I am really picky when it comes to my Jeep.. The seems by the latch where not quite the same height and although the drill holes get covered up they were a mess.
The work was good. I had to buy a 12V to USB convertor on Amazon because the supplied "make shift" convertor had a broken wire. Also, I wish the pocket was deeper because sometimes I knock my phone out of the console lid pocket with my right elbow.

4X420

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler
I’d like to order the leatherseats wireless charger for my JLU. I have the CarPlay air now and it works most of the time but sometimes disconnects. I’m using it in the center console in usb2. My concern is that I’m not that handy and especially not good with anything wiring related. Anyone know anyone in NY that would install the leather seats console for me hardwired???

That way I will have a wireless charger and wireless CarPlay. I’m on Long Island so I would be willing to pay someone to do the hard wiring of the leather seats wireless charger console once I receive it

Rb75

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@calemasters I'm considering the Sanctum Console along with a wireless CarPlay adapter for my 2018 JLUR. Now you've had this for awhile how are you liking it? It was a 3 week turnaround time?

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes I still like it. And yes the turn around time was about 3 weeks.
Sponsored