Lease Takeover - PPI

mikelectic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, Porsche Panamera GTS, Triumph Bobber
Looking at a lease takeover of a 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara with 12k miles and wanted to get opinions/help before moving forward.

As a little bit of background the jeep will be my wife's daily and our family car with our 2 year old daughter. Ideally i'd like to get a PPI done by the dealer for piece of mind particularly due to the fact that our daughter will largely be a passenger in it.. but understandably the seller is holding off on getting one as he has other interested parties that aren't requiring one.

Question for everyone is how much would a PPI really uncover vs test driving myself. I've mainly owned Porsches so a little concerned that I won't be able to accurately recognize a potential issue from simply a different driving experience of a jeep vs what i'm used to. Are there particular things i can lookout for that are specific to Jeeps and JLs that could give me comfort without getting a PPI done?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
A PPI is always a good idea when considering a used vehicle purchase. I suggest that you as a potential purchaser pay for it, and have it done by an independent company other than a dealership. I’m most large cities you can find companies not associated with a dealership (who may be reluctant to accurately report any deficiencies discovered).
Like one of these for example:
https://lemonsquad.com/local/houston-tx
[URL]https://www.autoexam.com/[/URL]

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'd test drive it, look up under it with a flashlight to make sure nothing is abnormal, and verify that the factory warranty will transfer to you 100%. If so, I'd go for it. With 12k on the clock, a PPI is a waste of time and money. Either the vehicle is like brand new, or it's got a significant issue that'll be quickly seen upon driving it.
Sponsored