First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I’m looking into getting a White JL Rubicon Ecodiesel. I get EP pricing and my order is coming out to 64k msrp with almost every option included. After discount, price drops to 57k (almost 10% off) not including tax. I live in tri-state area. Also hearing white color JLs hold most value too.

should I lease or buy? Right now since the Ecodiesel wranglers are so new Dealership’s don’t really have a clear RV. I’m reading anywhere from 62%/15k mile lease or 64%\12k mile lease. I do know the higher the RV I should lease. That means after a 3 or 4 years this wrangler might be worth around 41k.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Edorand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It will lease like a regular Rubicon, banks/residuals don't adjust for motor or colors
If you plan on keeping the Jeep for the long-term buy it..if you want flexibility, lease

OP
OP
Platinum7990

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Pulled the trigger and placed the order a few days back on the 2020 Rubi EcoDiesel. Will wait to see when the Jeep arrives to put the desk together. Right now lease payments is estimated around 550 for a 64k loaded Jeep.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Pulled the trigger and placed the order a few days back on the 2020 Rubi EcoDiesel. Will wait to see when the Jeep arrives to put the desk together. Right now lease payments is estimated around 550 for a 64k loaded Jeep.
How would you say your lease experience has been? I am mulling taking my first lease to get into a Rubicon.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I’m looking into getting a White JL Rubicon Ecodiesel. I get EP pricing and my order is coming out to 64k msrp with almost every option included. After discount, price drops to 57k (almost 10% off) not including tax. I live in tri-state area. Also hearing white color JLs hold most value too.

should I lease or buy? Right now since the Ecodiesel wranglers are so new Dealership’s don’t really have a clear RV. I’m reading anywhere from 62%/15k mile lease or 64%\12k mile lease. I do know the higher the RV I should lease. That means after a 3 or 4 years this wrangler might be worth around 41k.

What do you guys think?
Hey why not but I tell you friend anytime I see the ECO written anywhere I stay away

Sponsored

flyingyogi

First Name
yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep sahara ecodiesel
With the lease the Jeep will be mostly under warranty for the lease. That was my deciding factor, especially since the combination of diesel and wrangler is new. After the lease I'll decide to either keep it or try a diesel gladiator.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Just my opinion but I’d never lease. It’s just like renting, it’s never yours. Not to mention if you drive it far or like to take trips you’ve gotta watch your mileage, and God forbid you go over the mileage.
My nephew lives in Carmel NY about 50 miles from me. He was working with me during the day so basically put 100 miles roughly 5 days a week. His car was a lease, he had to leave it home the last 3 months of the lease or get banged with high overage.
Sponsored