Lease numbers not adding up

4x400m

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Quadrasteer Silverado
Hi, everyone. Our new Rubicon 4xe has shown up to the dealer, and they sent over the lease numbers. (We are debating between lease and purchase.)

I've tried a handful of lease calculators and I'm struggling to make the numbers match what I'm being told. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was told the MF is 0.0033375 / 8.01% and the residual is 69%. I have not received the acquisition fee information, yet. The monthly lease seems much higher than I expected.

Jeep Wrangler JL Lease numbers not adding up 1619721212773
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I don't think the 8.01% is Jeep's financing rate. I want to say it was 0.00203 for the 4Xe (going off memory when I was researching pricing earlier this month for my lease) It might be Ally which has good residuals, but high interest rates.

The payment does seem right, the issue with $0 down is your really rolling all those fees into the lease. Even the $2000 doesn't cover the all fees.

BTW what is the $500 tax for?

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I don't think the 8.01% is Jeep's financing rate. I want to say it was 0.00203 for the 4Xe (going off memory when I was researching pricing earlier this month for my lease) It might be Ally which has good residuals, but high interest rates.

The payment does seem right, the issue with $0 down is your really rolling all those fees into the lease. Even the $2000 doesn't cover the all fees.

BTW what is the $500 tax for?
Plus you are getting 15k miles a year, not sure how much they bump it up for that?

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
It looks like they are using Ally. Have the dealer run the numbers with CCAP. the MF should be .00203 with a RV of 62 for a 15k per year lease on a Rubicon. The Acquisition fee is waived this month with CCAP as well.

What is your tax rate? Using your numbers on CCAP I'm showing zero down, $576/month (this is at a 9% tax rate)

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Residual for 36 months both with CCAP and Ally drops 3% for 15k miles per year, which definitely hurts. Also, Rubicon RV is 1% lower than Sahara, which also hurts. I don't know the tax rate where you live, but my quick lease calculator math says that with the waived acquisition fee from CCAP this month and the lower interest rate should save you about $30/month, even with the lower CCAP residual.

Sponsored

OP
OP
4x400m

4x400m

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon, Quadrasteer Silverado
Thanks, everyone. We will check the CCAP option.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm being told to expect a 3% bump to residual for a 10K mile lease. Is this a tactic, or is it real?

dgoldenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You are also MUCH better off with a lower residual value lease if the payments are similar. A high residual/high interest rate lease means that your buyout price will be much higher at all times and hardly any of the payment will go towards principal.

Sponsored

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
Which works in my favor for lowering payments right?
That is correct as long as you are realistic about your mileage. its much cheaper to get the miles at the beginning of the lease versus paying over mileage fees at the end.

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
so I should be looking for .00203 and 63-65% residual, right?
Sahara is 65% rv for 36/10 for May
Rubicon is 64% rv for 36/10 for May

Yes .00203 is the buy rate mf for May

Also the Acquisition fee is waived for May

These are CCAP numbers. Ally numbers are higher in MF and RV