Sponsored

Lease 4xe pricing, am i getting jipped?

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe ordered 9/17, awaiting delivery
Went into a dealership who tried to juggle me around.. but the jeep is everything I want! Online there is a price (about 4K off 55K MSRP), on the phone 2 days before coming in- they told me this offer stands, no stipulations. I get there in person, & then they tell me the discount is not applicable because they only have 1 of these models left. Then after some back & forth, they say only applicable on leases NOT purchases.

Anyhow after back & forth from the desk to the back office, here are the numbers they come back with.... (Top tier credit btw)

56K MSRP
DEALER options non negotiable (3K-- don't get me started)
TTL -> 62-63K+

Lease for 48mo with 5,000 DOWN, for monthly payments of $625

Now I feel like this is a terrible deal because of everyone posting here with <400/mo payments with $0 down.

Please help/advise-- First time jeep buyer, second time poster (long time forum stalker). :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Run. Iā€™m sorry - you can do better though.

The price and dealer options are hurting you. That monthly with $5k down is too high.
@aug0211 Thank you for your weigh in. What should I be expecting to know I have a better deal?? They tried to make it seem like this is the best & forcing me into a corner like I can't do better elsewhere, & I didn't like that.

My last vehicle was a purchase for ~35K, So I have never leased & don't know what to expect.

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
At a minimum, make sure you lease through a company that will apply the $7500 federal tax credit for plug in electric vehicles towards your deal. You should be able to get the dealer to discount the Jeep in addition to this tax credit as well. If you purchase, you will be able to claim the credit yourself when you file your 2021 federal taxes next year. Some localities offer additional credits for electric vehicles as well.

Sounds like this dealer is wanting to pocket some of that credit for themselves by requiring you to lease it. I purchased mine, put down $7000 with my trade that I will get back with the tax credit, and payments are $660 for 75 months. Hope this helps

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Run!!

$3k in ā€œdealer optionsā€ alone is a reason to laugh at

I got 8% below invoice with no games from Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho on a factory order purchase last month.

send me a PM if you want any further details

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Take credits stay with the owner not the lessee...run and donā€™t look back. Thatā€™s a horrible deal...they should be offering you a tube of KY with that deal.

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
Like Doritos, Jeep will make more. Tell the dealer to call you when they have that offer to buy. In the meantime look around. Inventory is tight but unless you are renting a car right now no reason to give away a few grand to a dealer who is playing hardball vs trying to create a customer for life.

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜67 CJ5, ā€˜20 JLU
Sounds like a sleazy dealer. This is straight off of Jeepā€™s website with the $7500 tax credit used to reduce the capitalized cost of the lease.
Jeep Wrangler JL Lease 4xe pricing, am i getting jipped? 506F36FC-310E-459D-91B5-BEDE906CA9A4

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Shit like this gives dealers the sleazy reputation they have.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I see you're in Houston - Demontrond up in Conroe/The Woodlands is listed as a great place to order. Build your ideal setup on Jeep.com, download the PDF, and get ahold of Neil. Others have reported great results with Neil, including ~4-6% *below* invoice with no hassle.

Primary contact
Neil Carpenter
Primary phone
281-541-0908

Only potential issue is that this late into the year, you might wind up having to wait for a 2022 (though tbh, getting the 2nd year of a new model is probably better anyways).

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Can anyone confirm they are still seeing the $7,500 applied as capital cost reduction on the lease?

Dealer this AM told me nobody is doing that anymore - I pushed back and he said checked with his "Chrysler rep" who told him CCAP also won't give it, rather I need to apply it at my taxes next year (which I do not believe - that is for a purchase, not a lease).

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see you're in Houston - Demontrond up in Conroe/The Woodlands is listed as a great place to order. Build your ideal setup on Jeep.com, download the PDF, and get ahold of Neil. Others have reported great results with Neil, including ~4-6% *below* invoice with no hassle.

Primary contact
Neil Carpenter
Primary phone
281-541-0908

Only potential issue is that this late into the year, you might wind up having to wait for a 2022 (though tbh, getting the 2nd year of a new model is probably better anyways).
Thanks so much! I am debating between getting 2021 vs waiting for 2022! I will reach out to him

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Can anyone confirm they are still seeing the $7,500 applied as capital cost reduction on the lease?

Dealer this AM told me nobody is doing that anymore - I pushed back and he said checked with his "Chrysler rep" who told him CCAP also won't give it, rather I need to apply it at my taxes next year (which I do not believe - that is for a purchase, not a lease).
The tax credit applies to the purchaser of the vehicle which is the is not you if you're leasing the vehicle. Though, I say this as someone who bought the 4xe, so I didn't look deep into the lease details, however that is my understanding.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
The tax credit applies to the purchaser of the vehicle which is the is not you if you're leasing the vehicle. Though, I say this as someone who bought the 4xe, so I didn't look deep into the lease details, however that is my understanding.
Same as my understanding šŸ‘ Dealer is back on track now, thanks for the confidence bolster.
Sponsored