Sponsored

leaking transmission??

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
i have a 2019 jlus. 38,500 miles. i think the trans is leaking but not positive. i’m going to try and include pics. as i understand it, the trans is pretty much sealed up and not something a weekend warrior should try and tackle, correct? first thing’s first… what do you think is going on here? in the pics i’ve included, the yellow areas are wet with a brownish fluid while the red arrow points to a dry area. although the fluid looks like oil, it doesn’t appear to come from any place in front of where the pics are taken. thanks for any help you can provide!
Jeep Wrangler JL leaking transmission?? 3CA28FA5-ABC1-4BAE-ADAB-6AB25798FED9
Jeep Wrangler JL leaking transmission?? 98F2E9CE-74F0-4F78-A1B7-4C0DF469100A
Jeep Wrangler JL leaking transmission?? 22BF6B69-06CF-44A7-8770-E38ED37049B9
Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I can't tell anything from your photos but there are a number of locations where fluid can leak out of a transmission. Here are a few things that you can do to investigate:
1. Thoroughly clean surfaces where you think you see oil. Then check periodically after that to see if you detect hints of oil appearing.
2. I don't know what transmission fluid the JL uses but every transmission fluid I've seen is bright red. You can sample some of the leaks with pieces of white cloth or white paper towel to see if the fluid appears red against the white material. Just in case the "oil" is coming from somewhere else.